Hello From SoCal.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MON3YMiK3

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just been lurking for a while and wanted to say hi. BTW I finally started my first batch Saturday, its a hefeweizen.

Im already looking to start my next batch. I thinking of doing a Stout, those sound like their tasty from many members. ANY SUGGESTIONS?????

BTW Im in Inglewood,Ca area anyone else by me???

Welcome to the forum. My favorite type of stout is an Oatmeal Stout.... black as the night with a silkyness provided by the oatmeal. It's almost a meal on it's own, but I'm loving it. Actually going to be brewing a batch this weekend. Enjoy.

Welcome to the forum. My favorite type of stout is an Oatmeal Stout.... black as the night with a silkyness provided by the oatmeal. It's almost a meal on it's own, but I'm loving it. Actually going to be brewing a batch this weekend. Enjoy.

thanks videoman :mug:

Hi,
Welcome to the forum - I personally prefer irish stouts, and have some recipes and tips on that link.

We're happy to have you here.

Cheers,
Brad

I'm in Long Beach here dude. Not too far away!

Welcome to the site. You'll learn tons of usefull information here. I think a hefe is a good way to start out. They're easy to brew, ferment quickly, and are damn tasty.

Stouts are a good choice too, because they are usually heavy enough to hide any errors you may make during your first couple batches.

Good luck to you!

I'm in Long Beach here dude. Not too far away!

Welcome to the site. You'll learn tons of usefull information here. I think a hefe is a good way to start out. They're easy to brew, ferment quickly, and are damn tasty.

Stouts are a good choice too, because they are usually heavy enough to hide any errors you may make during your first couple batches.

Good luck to you!

Hey Long Beach whats up ????

when ever I see someone from Inglewood I cant help but think of Pulp Fiction LOL :D
that movie is totaly in my top 10
cheers :mug:
JJ

The whole movie was practically done in Inglewood.

Anyways Im gonna start my second batch here it is

Here's the recipe for:

Blue Moon Ale Clone

5 lbs. Extra Light DME
2½ lbs. Orange Blossom Honey
1 oz. Hallertauer pellet hops (4½% - boil 45 minutes)
½ oz. Hallertauer whole hops (2.4% - steep 10 minutes)
1 oz. Coriander Seed (crushed - ½ boil 10 min, ½ steep 10 minutes)
1 oz. Orange Peel (zested fresh and dried, steep 10 minutes)
500 ml Wyeast #1214 Belgian Abbey yeast starter

Specifics:
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 Gallons
SG: 1.059
FG: 1.010
Time in Boil: 45 minutes
Primary Fermentation: 7 days
Secondary Fermentation: 9 days

wish me luck guys.

Back