• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stainless Steel Shanks - 3 1/8" x 1/4" bore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much thread will I have going through a 2x8 (as you know 2x anything is 1.5 inches)...? I may be interested
Jeff

You should have about 7/16" left exposed for your tail piece.

Can you remove some of the wood off the back side of the 2x8 where the threaded nut secures the shank?

So instead of going through 1.5" of wood, only go through 1.25" exposing more threads?

Just an idea :)
Jay

Got the shanks the other day! Thanks for the quick shipping. Heres where two of the three ended up:
CIMG0014.jpg

Yepp, I'm still thinking about what to do with the third. It might end up as part of a wedding present for one of my best friends (and brewing partner) who is a pain in the ass because he always wants to bottle beers for him to take home!

Back