blow off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robd

Reaction score
i came home from work today and went down stairs to check my beer and my 2 hefe and my honey brown were all blowing through my air lock so i sanitized some rubber tubing and put a blow off in all of them and stuck the other end in a bucket of sanitized water. did i do the right thing? is my beer ruined? and one more thing in the process of getting the tubing through one of the bungs i pushed the bung all the way through and into the beer what do i do?

Thats exactly what I did this morning. Went down to check on my Tripel and found the airlock was completely full of yeast. I even got a face full of yeast when the pressure was released from inside the fermenter and it sprayed yeast. I remove the airlock and just go with some 1in diameter tubing with the other end in a bucket star san.

Leave the bung until after the beer is done and you rack it out. It will be fine.

Back