VA group bulk grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mb2696

Reaction score
****ALL BAGS PICKED UP!*****

* = bags picked up

*pxpx14 - 2 (1x TF-MOPA, 1x TF-OPTC) - $83.28
*carp - 4 (4x CM-PALE) - $118.16
*Beeropolis - 5 (1x TF-GPRM, 1x BZ-WT, 2x BZ-PILZ, 1x BZ-VIEN) - $177.40
*gwren - 3, (1x BZ-PILS, 1x TF-MOPA, 1x TF-GPRM) - $119.97
*Evan! - 5, (1x CM-2ROW, 1x BD-MOPA , 1x CM-MUNH, 1x CM-SPIL, 1x CM-WHET) - $163.10
*alcibiades - 3, (1x BD-MOPA, 1x CM-2ROW, 1x GW-VIEN) - $104.32
*Lou1998 - 2, (1x BZ-PILS, 1x BZ-WHT) - $66.78
*VABeerSnob - 3, (1x BZ-PILS, 1x BZ-DMUN, 1x TF-MOPA) - $111.17
*cmorgan - 2, (1x CM-2ROW, 1x BD-MOPA) - $70.08
*shoebag22 - 4 bags (2x CM-2ROW, 1x BD-MOPA, 1x CM-WHET) - $143.53
*cgondoli1 - 1 bag (1x CM-2ROW) - $28.99
*CAMRA - 4 bags
*me - 4 bags

Total 42 bags

nice...i could account for 10-15 bags myself. so thats ~15-20 bags so far.

thats about half a pallet - it's a start...keep them coming. don't hesitate to post even if you are just thinking about it...no commitment yet.

Yeah, I believe so. We are having a get together next week, so I'll try and get some more takers.

Yeah, I believe so. We are having a get together next week, so I'll try and get some more takers.

sounds good...also anything is available really. the 2-row was just an example. in general, shipping will be $3.69 per bag ($155/42 bags). other examples (including shipping):

pilsen, pale ale, 55# - $28.99
maris otter, 55# - $40.54
vienna, any crystal malt (60L, 120L, etc), 50# - $33.69
white wheat, light munich, rye, 55# - $31.19

sounds good...also anything is available really. the 2-row was just an example. in general, shipping will be $3.69 per bag ($155/42 bags). other examples (including shipping):

pilsen, pale ale, 55# - $28.99
maris otter, 55# - $40.54
vienna, any crystal malt (60L, 120L, etc), 50# - $33.69
white wheat, light munich, rye, 55# - $31.19

By "anything is available" : does that mean you can get multiple types on one pallet, or is it a pallet of just one variety?

I'd be good for 4-5 bags of 2-row especially if I could work out pickup in say Warrenton instead of all the way in Charlottesville. I'm in Winchester.

I'd be good for 4-5 bags of 2-row especially if I could work out pickup in say Warrenton instead of all the way in Charlottesville. I'm in Winchester.

I'll put you down for now. Maybe if someone in Warrenton (or somewhere else ~midway) gets in on the order, he could pick your stuff up here.

I am in Warrenton and I have a pick-up truck, so I figure I will be hauling the bags for my group in NoVA. If anyone in the area needs a delivery up here, let me know. The delivery fee can be paid in beer :)

I am in Warrenton and I have a pick-up truck, so I figure I will be hauling the bags for my group in NoVA. If anyone in the area needs a delivery up here, let me know. The delivery fee can be paid in beer :)
That sounds good to me (I'm assuming Warrenton, not what I would think of as 'real' Nova - Fairfax, ugh).
How much beer? I only make IPAs.

:) No Warrenton isn't NoVA, but close enough. IPA's work! I actually have one in secondary at the moment. I'm just not a good forum user and don't list it in my signature. I was also being facecious about the beer. I'll take whatever you think is fair. It's also the first time I've used facecious in a sentence.

Anyone from the Hampton Roads area interested? I'm in VA beach but driving two plus hours to pick the bags up doesn't make financial sense... hoping someone from this area is involved in this buy and can hump a few bags for me.

Anyone from the Hampton Roads area interested? I'm in VA beach but driving two plus hours to pick the bags up doesn't make financial sense... hoping someone from this area is involved in this buy and can hump a few bags for me.

For anyone in Hampton Roads or near 64 between Charlottesvile and Hampton Roads:

I will almost certainly be driving from Charlottesville to Chesapeake the first or second weekend in April. Depending on when the order gets delivered, I could bring it down then in my truck (assuming no better arrangements are setup).

If it isn't too late, I would like 1 bag of Maris Otter. I'm in Haymarket, VA, just 12 Miles northeast of Warrenton.

Greg of pxpx14/gwren would like 1- Best Pils and 1-TF Marris Otter. Could be more after our Tues meeting out of the origional 5-6 bag total.

Put me down for:

maris otter
2-row
vienna malt

3 bags total. What is the time table and payment instructions? I knew having a girlfriend who lives in charlottesville would pay off someday...

ut oh. I didn't know I had to specify yet. I definitely don't want 2-row.

1x TF-GPRM (Golden Promise)
1x BZ-WHT (Wheat Malt)
2x BZ-PILZ (Pilsen)
1x BZ-VIEN (Vienna)

I got $169.15. Let me know if that's right. We get the 2,000# price since 42 bags hits that range, correct?

ut oh. I didn't know I had to specify yet. I definitely don't want 2-row.

1x TF-GPRM (Golden Promise)
1x BZ-WHT (Wheat Malt)
2x BZ-PILZ (Pilsen)
1x BZ-VIEN (Vienna)

I got $169.15. Let me know if that's right. We get the 2,000# price since 42 bags hits that range, correct?

no worries, initially i didn't want specific orders - i just wanted a head count. but, now that it looks like we are going to have no problem filling a pallet, i'd like to start taking specifics.

as far as the price tier, it looks like it will be the <1000# rate. i talked to them on the phone and they were pretty adamant about the homebrewers only getting that rate. she said the 2000# tier is for their commercial accounts only. maybe i can negotiate that later, but for now i'm going to assume we won't get it. At the 1000# rate, I get 177.40.

Just confirming my earlier post - put me down for 4 bags of pale ale malt (I mentioned 2-row earlier, but I really want pale ale instead), and I'll be planning to take pxpx14 up on his kind offer to bring the stuff up to Warrenton.

If you get into a position to have to round down or up to get 42 bags, I'd be happy to go down to 3 or up to 5.

Thanks for organizing this.

Greg

Looks to be filling up fast. Can you give us a last call notice? If there is room, I would like to add 1-Golden Promise.
Thanks
The other Greg.

1-Best Pils
1-TF Marris Otter
1-TF Golden Promise

Just confirming my earlier post - put me down for 4 bags of pale ale malt (I mentioned 2-row earlier, but I really want pale ale instead), and I'll be planning to take pxpx14 up on his kind offer to bring the stuff up to Warrenton.

If you get into a position to have to round down or up to get 42 bags, I'd be happy to go down to 3 or up to 5.

Thanks for organizing this.

Greg

Thats fine...and thanks for the rounding offer - I'll put you down at 4 bags of pale ale malt for now.

Looks to be filling up fast. Can you give us a last call notice? If there is room, I would like to add 1-Golden Promise.
Thanks
The other Greg.

1-Best Pils
1-TF Marris Otter
1-TF Golden Promise

I've added the GP...

I'll definitely give a last call. Also, if it comes down to it and someone wants a bag or two, I don't have to have 10-15 bags myself.

Thanks for putting together this order.
I would like to go in for 1 Best Pils and 1 Best Pale Wheat.

Thanks,
Lou

Back