Bottle storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcr122

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas or links for a good bottle-storage solution. Would like to store empties upside down and be able to move them around easily.
Thanks. Have thought about old plastic soda bottle cases but can't locate any. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

I went to a store that repairs dish washers and got a few upper racks for 2 dollars a piece. I place the bottle upside down on the rack post and leave them that way. They sit in a closet. When I need them I take a rack out run them in the dishwasher with no soap and they are ready to go. A shot of star san and back into the rack to await their turn in the bottling process.

I made sure I got racks that fit my dishwasher. But its not critical. Each rack holds 24-26bottles depending on the bottle.

I am sure there are better ways but this works for me. I dont have tons of bottles yet.

I just line the bottom of the box they came in with some newspaper and paper towels to soak up any water that might drip out after rinsing them. All I have to do is sanitize when needed.
If you don't have any boxes, I bet some liquor store might give you some empties from returnable bottles.

We store them in the case or 12pk boxes upside down with papertowels in the bottom of the boxes or we store them upside down in 6pk holders.

After cleaning and rinsing I leave them on a bottle tree until they are dry and then I place a piece of tin foil on the top and store in a case. They stay ready to be sanitized and bottled like this indefinitely.

Milk crate with added insert for the bottom. If you use wood, you'll probably want to make sure it's sealed so the wet wood won't encourage bacteria.

Back