Leaky regulator or ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
I just got my QDs in for my keg system and promptly tested out both of my kegs. It appears as if both kegs are holding pressure and the kegs themselves have passed the soapy water test. Only thing is, the regulator is making small hissing sound. Its hardly noticeable unless my ear is right up next to the regulator. I soaped up the connection to the gauges and the adjusting screw. I read in a similar post that someone suggested putting the regulator into a bucket of water and seeing if any bubbles come out. Is that safe to do? This is a new regulator from micromatic. Anyone have any ideas?

I have a regulator from micromatic, I was hearing that noise I dipped my regulator in a bucket of water to test it. It ended up being the connection to the tank, it needed the little teflon washer.

i adjusted the screw to my desired psi and then i kind of fine tuned it and that seems to have made it stop. We will see if that was it or not when i go home today and check to make sure the tank is still full.

Back