Irish Blonde ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owyheeguy

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to make NB Irish blonde Ale? I was thinking about doing this one for the upcoming St pattys day :tank:.

This is the recipe I was thinking of using.

8lbs American two row pale
2lbs Crystal 5l
1lbs Flaked oats
.5lbs Flaked barley
.5lbs Flaked Rye

1.5oz Northern brewer at 60
1oz Goldings 30
1oz Goldings 10

8oz malto dextrin
1/2 tsp irish moss

Wyeast 1314

Did you ever brew this? I am interested in making one now. My recipe is more like...

10.25lbs 2row
1.25lbs Flaked Barley
1.25lbs Malted Wheat

Was thinking more of Nugget for bittering and finishing with Sorachi Ace for a lemony citrus aroma!

I'm going to be making this one as a nice spring ale for my Birthday in April. I figured it'll be a good beer that everyone can enjoy.

I just kegged the blonde ale i brewed last night. Used gelatin for the first time and i cant wait to pull a pint timorrow evening to see how things are coming out! I'll post a pic asap!

Genuine said:
I just kegged the blonde ale i brewed last night. Used gelatin for the first time and i cant wait to pull a pint timorrow evening to see how things are coming out! I'll post a pic asap!

How's that going to even be possible? Brewed yesterday, kegged today and drinking it tomorrow? Am I reading that correctly?

Oh ****, sorry for the typo! Meant,I brewed it last month and just kegged on Sunday.

How's that going to even be possible? Brewed yesterday, kegged today and drinking it tomorrow? Am I reading that correctly?

Odd phrasing, I think.:drunk:

Kegged last night. Brewed sometime before.

Be interested in how this turned out.

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vj26NT1hVs

There's the brew-day video I did of it. I'm currently having a pint of it after having it kegged for little over a week.

556031_673964757745_1105779409_n.jpg

I tried to clear it with Gelatin, but as you can see, it didn't do much if anything (assuming I followed a good set of instructions). It's nice, light and fruity. I cut down the amount of bittering hops by half, to lessen the IBU's so most will like it. The subtle flavor comes out as the beer warms but I could see myself drinking this on a hot summer day. It would be a great beer to have on tap during the warmer months for sure.

image-4260446343.jpg

March/ April Brew your own Magazine states " when the first bits of foam form at the begining of the boil, removing the chuncks of coagulated protein from it with a strainer can improve the clarity and flavor of your beer."

I've tried this with my last two brews but have not gotten to the bottling stage yet to seee if it helps.

Any advice on this out there?

I haven't tried that in any of my brewdays, I just let the hot break re-incorporate it self and then I start with my hop additions.

The more this beer has been in the keg and conditioned. it really has a nice medium body, white head and awesome head retention.

Latest posts

Back