Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been listening to a good amount of cynic, sybreed, obscura, periphery, protest the hero etc.. anyone here go to heavy Montreal or Heavy Toronto?

Never made it up but heard good things... Did make Maryland Deathfest a while back though and it ruled hard. Hear the line-up was even better this year as well.

:mug:

Gotta love Northern Kings. Four of the best vocalists in Finland doing metal covers of famous songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love Northern Kings. Four of the best vocalists in Finland doing metal covers of famous songs.

I like the concept but I simply can't stomach most of the material they are covering. If they were were covering metal songs to begin with I'd be all in.

I have an Iron Horse covers Modest Mouse album. One of the best cds I ever bought.

I like the concept but I simply can't stomach most of the material they are covering. If they were were covering metal songs to begin with I'd be all in.

I can understand that. I don't know half the songs they cover so it's almost like they aren't a cover band! Works for me.

That said, I usually love what they do to the ones I do know... What they did to "I should be so lucky" is hilarious and creepy, all at the same time.

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats sure are ballin', excellent retro doom.

There are no fingerprints
Deep under water
Nothing to tie one to a crime
And if you seek vengeance
All you need are instruments of pain

You need your

Knives? Check.
Rope? Check.
Dagger? Check.
Chains? Check.
Rocks? Check.
Laser Beams? Check.
Acid? Check.
Body Bag? Check.

Murmaider [x16]

But beware
For when you quench your bloodthirst
Others will seek vengeance on you
And they won't rest
Until you're dead

They'll have their

Shiv? Check.
Pipe? Check.
Hammer? Check.
Axe? Check.
Subject? Check.
Location? Check.
Desire? Check.
Vengeance? Check.

Hold your breath, swim and strain
The smell of death, can't escape
Blood will cloud and drift away
Attract the murders of Murmaids
It's so cold they all know

What you've done, you can't run
Vengeance is the law for thee
A thousand leagues below the sea
You've been tracked, you've been seen
Murdering the next of kin
Ate their hearts drank their blood

Washed your fins in blackened mud
Now you swim try to hide
Heart beats faster from inside
Thought it was a big charade
Your life was ended by Murmaids.

Murmaider [x16]

Swords? Check.
Saws? Check.
Clubs? Check.
Claws? Check.
Hatred? Check.
Anger? Check.
Mermaid? Check.
Murder? Check.

MURDER! MURDER! MURMAID MURDER! X4

Your life was ended by mermaids.

Headbanger, I'm sure you're already familiar with these guys, but i recently discovered them.

Fvcking awesome $hit!! :rockin:

Also, Satanclaus brought my wife, our 16 year old and I tickets to see Gojira and Devin Townsend in a couple weeks. :tank:

Their guitarist C. Corax stabbed somebody in the middle of the 2000's, went to jail for attempted murder, turned his life to God and left the metal scene.

Yep, I read about that.... Varg Vikernes was much more metal about it... he stabbed that dude from Mayhem in the head, burned down some churches cuz they were built on traditional Pagan sites and I think he's still yet to find "god".

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Yep, I read about that.... Varg Vikernes was much more metal about it... he stabbed that dude from Mayhem in the head, burned down some churches cuz they were built on traditional Pagan sites and I think he's still yet to find "god".

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wry9G6rcdQw

Hey who hasn't stabbed at least one person and burned a couple churches down!?! Its not that big a deal.

Shamelessly plugging my own metal.

[ame]http://youtu.be/6NvjNgwF1Yo[/ame]

Back