The Beauty and Wonder of Asian Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfish

Art by David Shrigley
Reaction score
Sorry,
I'm a wee bit pissed on the Kirin Autumn Brew so I can't really think well. Anyhow it's 6% alc and has pictures of red momiji all over the bottle (or can).

I'm sitting around with a case of empties waiting for my brew tools to arrive. I imagine they are being inspected, appraised and taxed as we speak (write).

I talked to the local brew pub equivilent guy, he said that they tax the hell out of brewing equipment, up to 100%... my memory ain't so good though, I was drinking absenthe that night.... bad for the brain.

mmmm... brain altering chemicals. It was my wedding night so my wife forgives me. Spend that Get Outta Jail Free card well. Done used mine up. If anyone has one for sale I'm in the market, dunno if they're transferable, though.

Really, I began this post to stand up for Asian Beer as a whole.

One second... This is a great place for me to ramble about the place of beer and alcohol in Japan, since nobody else hails from Asia.

catfish said:
Sorry,
I'm a wee bit pissed on the Kirin Autumn Brew so I can't really think well. Anyhow it's 6% alc and has pictures of red momiji all over the bottle (or can).

I'm sitting around with a case of empties waiting for my brew tools to arrive. I imagine they are being inspected, appraised and taxed as we speak (write).

I talked to the local brew pub equivilent guy, he said that they tax the hell out of brewing equipment, up to 100%... my memory ain't so good though, I was drinking absenthe that night.... bad for the brain.

mmmm... brain altering chemicals. It was my wedding night so my wife forgives me. Spend that Get Outta Jail Free card well. Done used mine up. If anyone has one for sale I'm in the market, dunno if they're transferable, though.

Really, I began this post to stand up for Asian Beer as a whole.

One second... This is a great place for me to ramble about the place of beer and alcohol in Japan, since nobody else hails from Asia.

Oh-kay........

Catfish- On the subject of get outta jail free: I explained to my wife that my second grade teacher suggested to my parents that I might be slightly retarded. Don't laugh, slightly retarded will get you out of a lot of things ! Do something stupid, and when she calls you on it get a hurt look and say " Damned slightly retarded ! You know I try so hard to be normal ! " . Doesn't matter if you can do calculus in your head, you're only SLIGHTLY retarded. It only works if Mom and Dad will back you up. In my case, it really did happen to me. I try to blame lapses of judgement on it but Mrs. Monkey ain't buying it. :(

Back