So I have just 1lb of DME sitting around..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacob1484

Reaction score
I have plenty of hops (amarillo, fuggles, cascade, centennial, nugget, styrian gold, and some others.. i forget)
I also have several different types of crystal,(10,60,rye,caramunich,special B and others)
And last but not least I have a couple pounds of blackberries left in the freezer that I managed to keep away from my wife. Now, what to do...

My first thought was a 1 gallon light blackberry beer.. thoughts?

You're asking what to brew with the 1lb of DME and the other ingredients? Use the DME for yeast starters, then get more for a full size batch. That's what I would do.

Thing is, there is no such thing as a lhbs around here and I was going to do this tonight.. mostly because I have nothing better to do.
Also if I'm going to do a blackberry beer it will have to be a small batch - not enough berries to make a difference in a full batch.
So...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f81/graff-malty-slightly-hopped-cider-117117/

You could make some Graff if you have easy access to the right kind of apple juice. Maybe add a can or 2 of apple juice concentrate to make up for using 1 and not 2lbs DME like the recipe calls for.

I actually did that last time I had some leftover DME and now I have several bottles of graff and even wheat graff sitting in my closet/frig. The wheat turned out better than the standard I think; at least I prefer it over the normal.

My coworker (not a homebrewer) suggested I put it on top of funnel cake since it resembles powdered sugar :ban:

Back