I Hate Beverage Factory

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_merlin

Reaction score
Sorry, need to rant here a little, and maybe save others a headache or two. The service I've gotten from Beverage Factory is unacceptable in my opinion. I recently ordered 5 of the same shanks. However, when the ordered arrived, I found 5 shanks of different lengths, barbs that were either removable or non-removable, and the faucet coupling nuts were of different styles/texture. When I spoke with customer service, the response I got was "you should have asked that they all match". Really? The shanks all had the same part number! They were not open to resolving the issue other than saying to ship them all back for a refund. :mad:

Reminds me of the recent commercial where the little girl says 'I didn't know I could have gotten a REAL pony', and the guy says 'you didn't ask'.

The announcer says 'even kids know when you're not being straight with them.' ;)

Call back and get a supervisor on the phone. Don't accept the phrase, "I am the supervisor," as a response. Be nice, but be firm in your request that the company offer a full refund including shipping in both directions. If necessary, begin a discussion about complaints to the Better Business Bureau. You can also use e-mail in your favor. Include a link to this thread and some stats on the number of users.

Thanks for being sympathetic with me. You are right in that shipping costs could double or triple the cost of one shank. You know, building a nice kegerator is very expensive and time consuming. For all the work and money I've invested, I want it look very presentable. This may seem like a small issue, but different lengths of shanks makes it hard to lift the kegs in and out. But even more annoying is the non-uniform look from the outside that I'll get with different styles of coupling nuts.

But I only play a bully on the internet and really sympathize with the people answering phones from irrate customers on a daily basis that may not have anything to do with packaging orders. I have already ordered matching coupling nuts so that at least the shanks look the same from the outside of the kegerator. My consolidation is that going forward I will not be ordering anything from Beverage Factory, and I hope this thread is a warning to others when thinking about ordering from them. Similarly, I won't order from KegKits because of members' post about their experience.

Wow. You pulled out kegkits to compare. That's pretty harsh.

I got my starter kegging kit from them. Came with hoses, clamps, picnic tap, regulator, etc. No complaints.

However, if they are shipping different sized parts under the same part number, I will be sure NOT to order any parts as I build my kegerator (or kegzerator, or keezer, or freezer that now holds my kegs). That's just sloppy, and unacceptable.

These days seems like there is only so much $$ being spent on non-essentials, I would think they would do better than that.

When I spoke with customer service, the response I got was "you should have asked that they all match". Really? The shanks all had the same part number!

What arrogance. I would call them back and tell them to send you a pick up notice for UPS for a FULL refund or you will contest it with your credit card as not receiving what you ordered. What ********.

+1 to what EdWort said.

Don't deal with idiots. (unless they are on Craigslist with ubsurdly low prices on brewing equipment)

You know, in this day and age, with so much EASY word of mouth on the net, it looks like companies would learn. This is a niche market.

Well, when they lose business, they learn. Or go out of business...

:(

Thanks for letting me know never to order from these guys. That is such a b.s. response to your complaint. Unacceptable!

Back