Ranco 111000 Wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chode720

Reaction score
So I just bought this controller for the fridge in my garage for my beer and to ferment some lagers in as well.

My garage gets pretty cold over during the winter here in Ohio and I have seen people putting heater, etc in the fridge to keep them warm in the winter.

My question is, how do I wire the Ranco controller to include both the fridge and heater. Can this be done? I dont have any problems working with wiring, I have wired many things in teh past, but I have not been able to find any instruction on how to do it.

Thanks

that controller can only do one or the other not both. Here is the wiring diagram I used for it but like I said its one or the other

4083-d2t_ranco_diagram_3.jpg

You have a single stage temp controller. One relay. You need this control to accomplish two actions-heating and cooling.

"The Ranco ETC-211000 is identical to the Ranco ETC-111000 except that this unit is 2 stage, and has 2 relays to control both heating and cooling at the same time or two heating or cooling stages. (The output relay NC and NO ratings are also different than the single stage control)."

The Ranco ETC Store

Wiring a single stage controller:

Wiring a Ranco Temperature Controller - BrewBoard

Okay, thats what I thought. I didn't think I could wire both into it at the same time.

I guess I need to find another way to heat it, if needed in the winter. I think I'll have to cross that bridge when I find out exactly how cold the fridge gets in the winter and how much I need to raise the temp

*EDIT* I found a couple ceramic heaters that have an anti-freeze mode that keep the temp at 45 degrees. Would it be possible to just put something like this in the fridge and let it does its thing in the winter to keep the fridge around 45?

*EDIT* *EDIT* I looked more and figure I'll just go with some sort of terrarium heater. Seems other people have a lot of success with those

I would think that during the dead of winter you could just unplug the freezer, and run a small lightbulb inside the feezer on the Ranco, set to come on at say 35 or so. Probably doesn't take much heat to keep the keezer from freezing kegs.

Back