Help grinding brutus 10!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrostar

Reaction score
Here's my issue. I'm about to paint my Brutus 10 and can't get into the top edges of the stand. It's 2" square steel and its a 2" gap. I want to clean the spatter off and smooth out the inner edge. Any tips or tools that would help would be awesome.

Do you have any pictures to show more specifically what you are talking about?

An angle grinder with a larger diameter grinding wheel (7 inches) might be able to get into the gap a little better. The problem is that you can't just put a 7 inch wheel on a standard angle grinder. You'd need to find one that could accommodate a larger diameter

Here's my issue. I'm about to paint my Brutus 10 and can't get into the top edges of the stand. It's 2" square steel and its a 2" gap. I want to clean the spatter off and smooth out the inner edge. Any tips or tools that would help would be awesome.

Do you have any pictures to show more specifically what you are talking about?

Yeah picture would help a lot to explain your issue. My thoughts are rotate the guard (don't take it off though) so that the exposed edge is inline with the grip (if that makes sense :D)

Yeah picture would help a lot to explain your issue. My thoughts are rotate the guard (don't take it off though) so that the exposed edge is inline with the grip (if that makes sense :D)

Its a 4 1/2" grinder. Even without the guard it cant get in there.

I think I understand your issue now... maybe a drill with a flap disc?
prod-13730-1.jpg

I will later. Im not home yet. It would take soooooo long with a dremel.

HAHA I was going to suggest a file. The flap disc work great....I still would like to see pictures and then maybe suggest something different from that.

This type of flapper wheel on an angle grinder works quick and wont dig too deep by accident.

images

I'm guessing the OP has 2 uprights (or whatever) that are 2" apart and so he can't get the head of the angle grinder in far enough to reach the top bit. When we see picture we will know for sure though

That is exactly the issue. I also have flap disks. They're awesome but can't reach in there. Battery charging on phone and can't take picture.

Quite glad I just stumbled upon this thread. I'm now re-working my design to try and eliminate this problem from the beginning.

Latest posts

Back