100% Brett Old Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
I have a Porter that is sitting on Brett B and L right now and I'll be bottling it very soon. I want to throw a high gravity brew on this yeast cake and I'm wondering how you think an Old Ale would do on just Brett? I would also be pitching some dregs into this at some point. Probably something from a Jolly Pumpkin or a lambic of some sort.

Has anyone here made a 100% Brett Old Ale? What do you think? This is also the second time I have pitched on this cake, so this will probably be it for this yeast.

I'm totally open to other high gravity selections that you think might be interesting on these strains of Brett. Thanks!

sound good to me, brett b is my favorite, and L is a near second

I think something really big that could age for a very extended period to pick up some oxidized sherry notes would be really good

Maybe even bottle a small portion much later than the bulk of it, and bottle it flat, I did this with a brett old ale 1-2yrs ago now and i am really starting to like the still version a lot

Back