help with rebuilding cornelius regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lschiavo

This space for rent.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just installed 2 rebuild kits on my dual regs. They are really not acting any differently. With my outlet closed, bottle on and adjustment screws completely disengaged I am getting 15psi on one and a few psi on the other.

I was wondering if it is possible to be leaking past the reducing valve seat gasket. If so can these be replaced or are the valve seats pressed in. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ok. It is leaking past the valve seat gasket. Hooked up the regulator without the bonnets and gas was leaking around the perimeter of the valve seat.

These seem to be pressed in. Anyone ever repaired this problem?

We're not ignoring you. I swear! :D

Thanks Yooper: both for not ignoring me and giving me the regulator.

I did get it fixed and the main tool was a hammer:rockin:

I thought I would post this in case anyone else runs into the same problem. Basically all I had to do was: With the regulators completely disassembled, I set the front of the regulator on a flat hard surface and used a pin and hammer to tap the valve seat from the backside of the reg body. I gave it a few firm taps and hooked it back to the tank and no leaks!

I have no idea how these could ever loosen like they did but I got some good advice from the place I bought my rebuild kits:

http://www.beverageequipmentco.com/index.html

You can see the valve seat in the exploded view below and in the picture of mine you can see the discoloration around the seat where gas was leaking.

IMG_20100831_172403.jpg

CORNELIUS0001.JPG

Back