time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, dear friends. Here you go! Looking for style only, but an extra high five for you if you want to guess the specific beer.

Photo on 10-17-14 at 11.48 PM #2.jpg

Stupid sexy Flanders red
Old ale.

Ummm...You're very much in the right place with the "stupid sexy" hint, but since you guessed a specific beer that is actually the wrong style (it's not an old ale, which is what that beer is officially listed as), I'm going to have to keep this one going.

Yes, it was a Flanders red ale. Sorry, I just couldn't give it to you on that old ale, since technically it wasn't the right style. This beer was Monk's Cafe, a personal favorite.

The one hint I gave included two key words/phrases. The first was, "What bugs me," a nod to the bacteria (aka bugs) that sour the beer. The second was, of course, "stupid sexy," a reference to this moment from the Simpsons, and the key to the style name. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwRJ5IoKTmg[/ame]

Did you see the link I put up?
Anyway nice job, I will post something a little later.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Heheh, great hint. Any time I hear someone say the phrase "nothing at all" this clip pops into my head. Stupid sexy Flanders!

Addendum: The Simpsons has also ruined the phrase "dental plan" for me.

Ok here goes, I will be looking for the name of the beer and the brewery please. The style is to easy I would think.(well maybe not). ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413842310.516921.jpg
Start the guessing......... NOW

Unibroue/La Fin Du Monde - Belgian Tripel

Hey MrFeltimo, I've a question that you may know the answer to as an Englishman. Is there a particular region associated with the stereotypical RAF accent?

Chocotaco,
I don't think so. It's more of the Hollywood thing, "put on your best English accent". It certainly a posh accent which could be the Queens English, or even upper class Londoners. I would guess that if your a flying ace or a ships captain then you where regarded as educated, therefore speaking posh.

And no to your guess.

No to all.
Now for the hint/Riddle. super easy i think.

From Georgia to Maine? You must be insane
I can't see nothing but imminent rain....

You and your tricky geography riddles! Listen, English geography may be a piece of cake, but you can't fault us Americans for failing to memorize the geography of 3.7 million square miles of mostly flyover states.

I have no idea what your hint means, but I'll guess anyway.

Georgia to Maine, imminent rain. I'm going to go with a hurricane.

Anheuser-Busch Hurricane/Malt liquor.

Sorry about the geography thing, it's always seems to rhyme so well.

And no to your guess. But will post another riddle later.

Ok here goes, next hint.

Take a hike along the footpaths to the mountains so green
I'm looking at the skies but the sun can't be seen.
On the banks of a river that I can't pronounce
hand crafted with love and its not 40 ounce.(chocotaco)

Haha huricane was going to be my first guess but I thought nobody on this forum would be admittedly drinking that stuff. How about nor easter lager from thomas hooker BC?

Back