Any Thoughts....?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catch-22

Reaction score
Ok here is the deal...I was thinking of using this Masterbuilt Turkey Fryer as a boil kettle.

I think this would work pretty well as the size would allow me to do full boils then drop in my chiller. My only thought is that the heating element is submerged in the pot. These internal coils flare out then cover and hover about an inch above the bottom supported by stainless steel "feet". I dont worry that stirring the wort etc...will damage the coils. My concern is that with that contact with the coils by the wort, I don't want excessive carmelization. It probably is no different than any direct fire method or at the minimum negligible and I'm probably over analyzing but the thoughts of being able to take this anywhere with power and make some brew, fry a turkey, cook some lobsters has me saying hmmmmm. So.....any thoughts?

A quick edit, the inner pot is removable from the outer shell for cleaning, also, the heating element is removable and shuts off once removed from the operating position.

You're going to get scorching with a submerged heating element like that. The president of my homebrew club started using electric that way and has since moved to a remote heating element in a pump flow to eliminiate scorching.

Latest posts

Back