So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing my first batch in about 5 years. Decided to start off with a known recipe and am doing EdWort's Haus Pale Ale. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

I just finished making a porter which I will divide into 2 batches - one will be a coconut vanilla porter and the other will be mesquite bourbon porter

20180908_174833.jpg
20180908_174833.jpg

My first homebrew. It turned out really well. Honey peach lager

Brewing 10g of a Citra Dbl. IPA.
31# grain bill i believe is the largest ive tried in this 18 gal MT
Nugget and Citra in the boil with Citra and Amarillo Gold dry hop additions.

Just ventured into the beginnings of an alternative grain brew. Did a 2015 BJCP style 1d (American wheat). Substituted rye for wheat to enter in BJCP category 31a at local event.

Grist is 40% Pale, 35% rye, 15 % red Wheat, 10 % Vienna for an OG of 1.047.

All late addition hops. Used Denali and Chinook.

WY1056 for a clean tasting yeast.

This batch of Chinook was by far the fruitiest batch ever. While resinous, it had the most wonderful soft citrusy smell. Only tasted the OG sample, but it just seems to pair incredibly with the rye and Denali

Did 5 gallons of a Mocktober Fest yesterday. Had a buddy bring his rig over and he did 5 gallons of a blonde. Not a bad brew day in Texas. It wasn't 10,000 degrees out. Made for a good day.

brewed tonight. finally realizing the dream of brewing on weekday evenings.

knocked out at all hallertau pils. hit all the numbers.

I am brewing an AIPA this Sunday. Finally Bought and computer so I can use the beer Smith software I purchased about 3 months ago. Hopefully this batch will turn out better than expected. Cheers to the weekends! [emoji482]

Fundraiser run today, but brewing a Hefeweizen tomorrow. Usually I make a Hefeweizen early in the summer but early fall works too.

I'm brewing an oatmalt stout. It's based on the 1850 Maclays recipe. It was the first ever Oatmalt Stout (they trademarked Oatmalt Stout which is why everyone else calls it Oatmeal Stout). It contains liquorice and linseed and a lot of oat malt. It apparently comes out slick and very, very black! I've tampered with the recipe so it's not a direct clone.

View attachment 588477 Belgian Wit, from Beersmith. First one of these for me. Got my bitter orange and coriander ready!

It’s really good with tangerine instead of bitter orange, too. I use a zester or a cheese grater and about the same amount by weight as the dried orange - it’s about one of those tangerines per 5 gal, if I remember rightly.

wife commented tonight, "you've been brewing a lot lately. are you really drinking that much?"

guess she's not counting.

brewing again in next few days once this pils finishes. grain is already weighed out for a marzen.

I’m brewing a lot too - it’s to lay in a supply for winter while the weather is still good.

Got a fall favorite brewing right now - the Common Room ESB.

wife commented tonight, "you've been brewing a lot lately. are you really drinking that much?"

guess she's not counting.

brewing again in next few days once this pils finishes. grain is already weighed out for a marzen.
Tell her you give out bunchs to friends. Works for me. But then she looks at my belly.....[emoji19]

Working up the energy for a Cherry Quad. Dubbel is ready to keg. Ill use that yeast cake...Wyeast 3787 Trappist. Love that yeast!

Getting together 6 friends on 3 different systems to do a "Bitches Brewday". Everyone is going to take home 2.5 gallons of a milk stout base to do something fun with!

Today is the day I get back at it. I still don’t know what I’m brewing. I do know it will use the last (5lbs) of my blueberries.

Brewed a German Hefeweizen today. Did a hybrid step mash and pulled a single thick decoction. Pitched the yeast at 5:02 pm, checked the fermenter at 7:00 pm and it's already bubbling. Can't wait to try this one and see if decoction made a difference. I am on a pursuit of the perfect "Hef" and I get very close but always think I can do just a little better, thus the decoction this time. Kinda like trying to spot Big Foot, or seeing the Loc Ness Monster. The perfect Hef is out there! Wish me luck!

John

Helped my brewpub boss knock out both a 1bbl and 2bbl batch today in 8 hours (a record for us), and got paid with a full bag of two row and enough special roast to do my Fat Bastard tomorrow. Aiming for at least 1.090 going into the fermenter to have something super strong for chilly fall evenings. Seriously considering bottling this batch because if it's in a keg, it goes fast (and so do I, straight to sleep). Also scored a brand spanking new diaphragm pump for kegging, just need to get it wired up.

Brewing a dunkelweizen. First time trying this style. Got the inspiration from the Zymurgy Sept/Oct 2018 article by Amahl Turczyn.
20180923_063517.jpeg
Screenshot_20180923-063922.jpeg
Screenshot_20180923-063907.jpeg

Last edited:
Back