2009 National Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, sweet the 1st round regional is here this year. Last year the feedback I got on my beers was not that great, and I said I would not spend the $$$ on shipping again. I guess I do not have to worry about that this year.

Yeah, I was happy to see my regional is here in Portland as well. Last year they lost my entry somewhere between Seattle and Anchorage!

Something to note as well, they are limiting it to 750 entries per region in the first round. Enter early!

Yeah, I was happy to see my regional is here in Portland as well. Last year they lost my entry somewhere between Seattle and Anchorage!

Something to note as well, they are limiting it to 750 entries per region in the first round. Enter early!

I'm definitely happy about the judging being down in Portland instead of up in Alaska. I saw some numbers posted that said last year PNW was the lowest number of entries in the US (Canada was the lowest overall), I suspect part of it was because of the judging in Alaska.

I think the only regions that have a serious chance at running into the limit are the old west and northeast. Of course, that doesn't mean you shouldn't get in as early as possible.

Back