Beer Advocate Magazine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is BA mag really free?
Yeah, it is, but not to your mailbox.

Why is BA mag free?
It's a very untraditional approach to magazine publishing, but our goal is to place every single copy we print in the hands of someone who wants to learn more about beer versus having to pay for them to be shuffled onto some rack where they sit stagnant, longing for eye contact from some casual walker-by, and forced to do battle with the shouting text and glossy covers of their desperate neighbors. BA mag deserves better. Beer deserves better!

Complimentary copies (not for re-sale) are sent in limited quantities to select locations in order to promote awareness and subscriptions. This means that you shouldn't rely on these locations to pick-up your monthly copy of BA mag.

Why should I subscribe?
Good question, and we get this one from a lot from people who subscribe and then run into free stacks of the mag at their favorite place for a brew; usually in an accusing tone, as if we're ripping them off. The answer is simple. You subscribe because you like the mag, would like to get a copy delivered to your door each month and find value in helping to support our ongoing beer advocacy efforts. If none of this interests you, then we ask that you don’t subscribe, don't renew, and take your chances finding a free copy each month.

Frequently Asked Questions - Beer Advocate magazine

Edit: I quess I was a little slow...lol

Is BA mag really free?
Yeah, it is, but not to your mailbox.

Why is BA mag free?
It's a very untraditional approach to magazine publishing, but our goal is to place every single copy we print in the hands of someone who wants to learn more about beer versus having to pay for them to be shuffled onto some rack where they sit stagnant, longing for eye contact from some casual walker-by, and forced to do battle with the shouting text and glossy covers of their desperate neighbors. BA mag deserves better. Beer deserves better!

Complimentary copies (not for re-sale) are sent in limited quantities to select locations in order to promote awareness and subscriptions. This means that you shouldn't rely on these locations to pick-up your monthly copy of BA mag.

Why should I subscribe?
Good question, and we get this one from a lot from people who subscribe and then run into free stacks of the mag at their favorite place for a brew; usually in an accusing tone, as if we're ripping them off. The answer is simple. You subscribe because you like the mag, would like to get a copy delivered to your door each month and find value in helping to support our ongoing beer advocacy efforts. If none of this interests you, then we ask that you don’t subscribe, don't renew, and take your chances finding a free copy each month.

Frequently Asked Questions - Beer Advocate magazine

Edit: I quess I was a little slow...lol

Too bad you don't sent out a sample magazine. I decided to check out BYO since they offered a free sample and ordered the subscription. I have a hard time paying for a subscription and not knowing what I am getting. Unfortunately your free ones are not around where I live.

I am a subscriber, and really enjoy the mag. I consider it a nice supplement for their site. I spend close to as much time on their as I do on here. If there was an HBT mag, I'd subscribe to that also.

I subscribe to the mag. I think they knocked the price back down 19.99 from 24.99. My first copy was free because I picked it up at a brewpub that had a table of free local newsapers and magazines. I subscribed a couple months later.

I subscribe because im lazy and I dont want to go further then the mail box to get one... they even have an a couple of home brew recipes in there every month

Back