Another Noob goes AG!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBRunner

Reaction score
Well, after about 5 extracts, I bit the bullet and went AG

Just a AHBS Amber Ale for a first one..

Made my Igloo cooler the MLT with the SS braid....

It worked great, Nailed my temps, and finally ended up with about 5 1/2 gl's of wort.....

OG was 1.050 so I was in the middle according to Beersmith.....

I definitely need to get my Keggle finished, my turker fryer barely made the boil....:)

But another convert!! Definately AG from now on!!

You need to keep the heat in. Insulation (fire proof) helps the pot to not loose heat as well as a wind break around the pot. It makes a BIG difference. :)

Also, thanks to everyone on this board!! It helped loads to read up on AG, ask questions and also to watch video's from Bobby M, and some others......It makes it a no-brainer for the most part to go AG with my limited experience in brewing!

Hey, don't tell everyone how easy it is. If everybody goes all grain, we won't be able to get extract for making yeast starters. :drunk:

Congrats,

-a.

So why not just use some of the excess grain from your 55 pound bags and make some Wort to use for the starter?

Cake

Congrats on getting hte first AG under your belt. Once you do it a coupel of times it all just becomes second nature and they'll get much easier.

Latest posts

Back