Brilliant! With emphasis on not so brilliant!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How about this one for ya, I woke up all giddy at four am brew day because it has been months since I've brewed, (family and pregnancy. I will spare all the stuff that has held me back for making a batch)
I couldn't sleep and decided I will get up and make a starter! I boiled my water and transferred to the sanitized Erlenmeyer flask and put it on the stir plate and Viola!. After temp crashed to 80 degrees I though perfect time for the wlp 001 Cal ale yeast and fired up the stir plate and dropped in the sanitized stir bar and rock and roll I even hooked up pure oxygen and shot about 10-15 seconds to give my yeast a better chance and put a little yeast nutrient in there. Only to figure out three days later I had forgotten to put any dme in the 3 liters of starter wort! Ahhhhhh ohh well it fermenting fine I hope! Any one else pull off such a stunt? I feel like such a tool!

Back