Belgian Peach Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey_Dawg

Reaction score
Since spring is here and summer is just around the corner I thought I would try a simple recipe incorporating some Oregon fruit peach puree with a wheat beer.

With simplicity in mind (read: I rarely come up with my own recipes), I chose a belgian wheat recipe from Austin Homebrew:

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=11251&osCsid=ceabf14b816159895dd9ab270130f135

I brewed the recipe per the instructions, racked to primary for about 7 days, put 2 - 3lb cans of the of Oregon Peach puree and racked the beer on top of it. I had read that peach isnt a strong flavor and 1 can might not be enough so I went with two.

After about 7 days in the secondary I kegged, forced carbed, and then left the beer alone for a few days (well kinda). I had been sampling the beer every day but just to see how it progresses. The beer was VERY green for the first few days. Part of me thinks that part of the puree might have gotten into the keg and I was drinking some of that for the first few pours (the purree doesnt fully mix in with the beer and you have to siphonabove the puree when kegging/bottling).

Last night I poured up a glass (day 5) and WOW the beer was so much better. It is ironic that I chose a Chimay glass to sample my beer in b/c the beer reminded me a lot of the Chimay line... with peach our course. It has a smooth body and kept a light layer of head throughout the entire glass just like a chimay does and the main flavor of the beer is very similar the Red Chimay. The peach really gives the beer a lot of different flavors and I literally went from thinking, "man I might have overdone it with this beer" to "wow, this is masterpiece".

Well, masterpiece might be stretching it and I know the beer still has a long way to go in regards to conditioning but overall it is a very tasty beer with a lot of flavor/characteristic. Just thought I would share:

IMAG0289.jpg

Latest posts

Back