New brewing system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwalter13

Reaction score
Hey brewers-
I just upgraded my entire brewing operation. I got rid of my old stuff and upgraded everything. I just completed my brewstand and wanted to post a picture to see what you guys think about the set up. I have now used it yet. Before I do I would like some feedback on whether you think it is set up properly. Thanks for any and all comments.

http://www.aleiens.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=3n20gccc0uiw4

The stand looks nice, how much did it cost to build it? and where did you get the material from?

As far as pumps go, in the picture I can't tell how you are going to get your hlt to pump into the mlt. But I am sure it would just be as simple as connecting and disconnecting hoses.

Is that a Rims on the lower right, or just a temperature read out?

Thanks for the chatter guys. I originally was going to fly sparge but since decided to batch sparge instead because of time constraints. A 1 year old and a baby a month away tend to cramp my schedule.

I did re-design the system since the picture was taken and the major change was the 2 pump RIMS system. It didn't make sense, but the reason I had it like that was because my pipe's output was pointing straight down into it, so I figured why not. I since twisted the pipe to have the output pointing back. Now I have the input coming from pump one, through the pipe and outputting to the back of my stand and up to the top of the mash tun. I will use the second pump to pump my wort into my kettle and through Chillzilla. I think I have it figured out, but I am always open to suggestions.

As far as the cost of the stand, all told was about $150. I ordered the slotted angles from McMasterCarr.com and picked the order up in NJ.

Qty Part# Description Price
2 each 8968K26 1-1/2" X 1-1/2", 6’ length $17.32
6 each 4664T65 2-1/4" X 1-1/2", 6’ length $66.54
8 each 4664T22 Steel Corner Plate, 6"x 6" $17.75
1 pack 4664T61 Bolts W/nuts & Washers $12.89

The wheels are 300 lb. tested and I ordered them through surpluscenter.com. With tax and shipping it came to $39.53
Thanks again guys.

that is NOT a good way to orient your RIMS chamber (inlet and outlet both pointing down). if you run it differently while brewing (i.e. both pointing upwards) you can ignore me :)

p.d.

Back