Election Day Drinking, What's your beer menu for tonight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll start with the bottle of Mild that some kind HBT soul mailed me (since I polished off the other two brews last night) and maybe some Caol Ila after that since I haven't had any in a while.

Thankfully I don't live in Indiana anymore. I liked the state well enough, but they never got around to fixing the law that says you can't buy alcohol on election day (there are others, but I never lived in them). Of course, now I live in a "dry" county in Arkansas... Still haven't made it to the store, but I'm glad to see all the suggestions on what I should buy. :D

Terje

Hmm, I just bought these tonight in Indiana.........

I've already had some of my Leftover Pale Ale and I'm getting ready to hit that 24oz bottle of SNHA!

CRW_7828.jpg

Well I had one of those WTF moments at the beerstore and couldn't make up my mind, so I did a 10 dollah mixed sixer...

1 Sundog Amber Ale, New Holland Brewing Company
Holland Michigan.

2 Old Scratch Amber Lager, Flying Dog Brewery
Colorado, United States

3 Tire Bite Golden Ale, Flying Dog Brewery
Colorado, United States

4 120W-60 IPA MotorCIty Brewing Works
Detroit Michigan

5 Mad Anthony IPA, Mad Anthony Brewing Company,
Erie Indiana,

6 America's Original Pumpkin Ale, Buffalo Bill's Brewery,
California

And no matter how many I drink, I'm capping off the the Oaked Arrogant bastard...

I've just finished the sundog, and I am impressed, it's a hoppy amber ale. I'm going for the Mad ANthony IPA now...

*Sigh* God I love america where amber waves of grain gives forth a bounty of beautiful beers.

:mug:

SN Harvest Ale! I bought a case of 24oz. at Costco, with the side benefit of using the bottles for gifts, parties and such. I think I like the straight harvest better than any other variation. Crazy head retention on this stuff! After draining most of the glass I top it off, and the beer doesn't break up the head...it flows OVER THE TOP of it!
harvest2008_bottle.jpg

I also have some Kolsch that is kegged and should be cleared up. I'll be testing that out tonight.

Yes, the head is quite impressive, looks like meringue!

SNHA.jpg

Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA, mulled wine, and will top off the night with some Tosti Asti (whether things go how I like or not!).

Ok, Just back from the local booze outlet. Fresh armed with a bottle of Avery's Hog Heaven, a bottle of Boulevard's Long Strange Triple, a bottle of Chimay, and a sixer of Sam Adams Winter Lager. Should be fun! :drunk: At least I won't suffer too much tonight when McCain loses.

Terje

FWIW - I have to beg a need of bottles for the Sam Adams in there.

Ok, Just back from the local booze outlet. Fresh armed with a bottle of Avery's Hog Heaven, a bottle of Boulevard's Long Strange Triple, a bottle of Chimay, and a sixer of Sam Adams Winter Lager. Should be fun! :drunk: At least I won't suffer too much tonight when McCain loses.

Terje

FWIW - I have to beg a need of bottles for the Sam Adams in there.

Hog Heaven's awesome!

Well so far I've had,

Sundog Amber Ale, New Holland Brewing Company
Holland Michigan.

120W-60 IPA MotorCIty Brewing Works
Detroit Mich

Mad Anthony IPA, Mad Anthony Brewing Company,
Erie Indiana,

And I'm pretty dissapointed so far...the only decent one, and the most hoppy of the 3 was the amber ale...Although the Mad ANthony was the most citrussy hoppy beer I have ever smelled...though the taste was just OK....

Well ive had a few Guinness to start off slow now moving on to a Gold Spike Ale made by the BBC in MA. Maybe have a Sierra Harvest after that. Gonna be up late tonight :)

Back