Pictures of the 2nd AG fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EinGutesBier

Reaction score
I probably should've taken pictures of the whole AG process to justify a thread, but I was so proud of the yeast doing their thing (I don't ask for a whole lot to be happy) that I had to pull out my camera. For veteran brewers there probably isn't much to see, but here are the pictures all the same.

Sorry if the images are too large, if so mods, feel free to delete the thread. : /

Btw, here's the thread for the AG these pertain to: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=48582

beer1sh1.jpg

beer2be9.jpg

beer3ix2.jpg

The jury is still out on whether to call it a Biere de Garde or a Saison...not spicy enough for a Saison, but not made at the right time or bottled long enought to be a BdG.

ALOT of old timers will use a three piece air lock for primary, just for the easy cleanablility factor, and s-bubblers for secondary...

Just a thought.

Everything looks beautiful!

:mug:

EinGutesBier said:
The jury is still out on whether to call it a Biere de Garde or a Saison...not spicy enough for a Saison, but not made at the right time or bottled long enought to be a BdG.

Biere de Garde's are usually made with more neutral ale or lager strains(at ale temps). And like you stated, that's not the best yeast for a Saison. My pholisophy: who cares? Sometimes you make a beer to style and sometimes you don't. :D Call it a Saison de Garde, that sounds cool.

Very true. :) There's a book out there on farmhouse ales and I believe the author has a similar perspective as you do on styles. They're good to have, but you shouldn't try to pigeon hole very beer you make. Just make what you like and enjoy it when it's done.

Btw, I like your suggestion for the name, it does sound pretty cool. :rockin:

Back