Error Message with Love controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EKennett

Reaction score
I have a TSX-10140 controller my keezer. I just got it all set up about 3 days ago and it was going along just fine. I woke up this morning to the display reading "oo" which I understand is an error message for an open probe. Anybody ever get this? Any ideas on what's wrong? Will the controller still command the freezer to come on to maintain the temperature while the error message is active?

Can you easily access the back of the controller? Something came loose. When I was setting my love controller up, I had a bit of an issue as well. I bet dollars to donuts that one of the wires from your temp probe fell out.

Take that from a rank amateur, though.

Is your probe sitting in water or air? Standard Love probes are not waterproof - (I found out the hard way!)

If you have to replace the probe - stop by a hobby shop, get a thin brass tube that will slide over the probe tip, cut off a length to cover the probe, then epoxy both ends. Voila - waterproof, temperature sensitive, ready to go!

Nah, the probe is just hangin in the air. I ended up pulling the controller out and taking the wires out and putting them back in and that seemed to do it. Weird because nothing was visibly shorted and the connections were tight. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens :fro:

Back