New MLT, 2nd AG, Orfy's Mild Mannered Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatyPortion

Internet Bartender
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I decided to break in the MLT that I put together this week and make a batch of beer today. Since there's a mini-competition for making Orfy's Mild I decided to give that a whirl. Hopefully if it's ready in time I can send it in and see how my batch measures up to everyone else's. Either way I have all this beer to drink.

So far the MLT is working fine. I went with a cpvc manifold instead of SS braid since it wasn't going to happen this week and everyone in town seemed to be out of food grade, high temp vinyl tubing. It's ok, I like this better and I got to play around with a Dremel so it was a DIY day yesterday.

IMG_4959.jpg

IMG_4957.jpg

IMG_4956.jpg

Oh yeah: hit my temps, pre-boil gravity was 1.027 which was pretty close to the 1.025 Orfy has in his recipe, first hops are added and I'm just waiting to get the yeast going now.

Looking good! This beer is ready so fast that you have plenty of time to get it ready for the comp. Are you bottling or kegging?

Thanks!

Kegging, but I'll bottle a bit for the comp and just for fun. Say, 6 bottles total. Just finished up, and this was the first time using dry yeast apart from breadmaking. Felt kind of weird. OG is 1.035, so a little off but I'm not sweating it.

Just finished my first keg of this... it was by far my favorite session beer. Here's a pic:

709382368_photobucket_16407_.jpg

Back