What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TCGoose said:
Haven't actually tried it yet. Just reporting on my recent acquisitions. The tasting notes I got make it sound delicious. Described as "liquid German chocolate cake"

Sweet! I think they have a lot of interesting offerings. I'm going to have to start a thread to get some advice of what to try and bring back

atimmerman88 said:
Sweet! I think they have a lot of interesting offerings. I'm going to have to start a thread to get some advice of what to try and bring back

Beer geek breakfast and brunch are supposed to be good. The spontan series (spontankriek, spontanlychee, etc) was a bit disappointing. But I was trying it next to cantillon, so probably not the best comparison. Setting the bar pretty high...

Bummed they didnt have celebration or mad elf in my bottle shop... But they did have this! My first time ever seeing CCB in nyc other than on tap. Also picked up some rasputin and scotty karate. Just cause theyre friggin good.

Will be cracking this as my post workout meal
In about an hour or so. Cant wait.

image-2879386756.jpg

Remmy said:
Give it a shot. I used to hammer Brown Shugga's while fishing. Some of the greatest days ever.

Just finished a Celebration Ale. Time for a water before I get back to beer. I am harvesting some Conan right now.

Hoping these beers kill my cold/flu.

What beer are you harvesting the conan from?

image-3400503142.jpg

Gravity sample of "Anchored In", a 11% RIS (done Zhukov-style) I'm doing for a groomsmen gift for a friends wedding. It's amazing how much wood (cedar/light toast oak) and whiskey (Michael Collins Irish) will change a beer. OG- 1.114, FG-1.030.

image-834341705.jpg

Drinking more HB Nelson Saison

Dave37 said:
Bummed they didnt have celebration or mad elf in my bottle shop... But they did have this! My first time ever seeing CCB in nyc other than on tap. Also picked up some rasputin and scotty karate. Just cause theyre friggin good.

Will be cracking this as my post workout meal
In about an hour or so. Cant wait.

CCB just got a bunch of new 120bbl fermenters, it should become pretty regular up there. I think they said they will brew 25k barrels this year, so a bunch of places should start seeing distro again

CCB just got a bunch of new 120bbl fermenters, it should become pretty regular up there. I think they said they will brew 25k barrels this year, so a bunch of places should start seeing distro again

Awesome :rockin:. This is the most represented of the regular offering CCB brews I see on here. I'm not too familiar with their year round offerings but I obviously see tons of posts about there rarer brews. What else would you recommend that I might have a shot of seeing up here in NY?

Yep. That was me. Had that stuff in Michigan some months ago.

Drinking cough syrup. No beer for me today. Feel like ****.

Yea I tried that a few months ago. Absolutely terrible. I dumped the bottle and pawned the rest off to drunks.

What beer are you harvesting the conan from?

From my own Gandhi-Bot clone beer. I got the Conan from a guy one town over from me who harvested it from a Heady. :rockin:

Dave37 said:
Awesome :rockin:. This is the most represented of the regular offering CCB brews I see on here. I'm not too familiar with their year round offerings but I obviously see tons of posts about there rarer brews. What else would you recommend that I might have a shot of seeing up here in NY?

You should get their regulars, Jai Alai, Maduro, Hotter Than Helles and maybe Florida Cracker (maybe not, the name might sink sales). All of those are really good. You might also get Tocobaga and some of their seasonal regulars (12oz), Cubano Espresso, Humidor Jai Alai, White Oak Jai Alai, and a few others. It wouldn't suprise me if you found some 750's up their soon, the owner is good friends with someone up there, a distributor or big bar owner that helped them out when they started up, that's why they've been up there for so long.

allenH said:
You should get their regulars, Jai Alai, Maduro, Hotter Than Helles and maybe Florida Cracker

Fortunately, I have all of these. I've already tried a few and like them. Wish they distributed up here.

Some midnight maple wheat. With filet mignon, hassleback potato, asparagus, and a portobello mushroom sauce.

20131029_184731_zpse9905630.jpg

Oh hells ya.

DAMN! If you made that I am very impressed and jealous

Drinking a fixed gear american red ale from lakefront. First beer I am not so fond of by them. Pretty bland, too bitter and too dry IMO

2013-10-29 17.52.32.jpg

DAMN! If you made that I am very impressed and jealous

Drinking a fixed gear american red ale from lakefront. First beer I am not so fond of by them. Pretty bland, too bitter and too dry IMO

Of course I made it, I'm not going to make my 'bout to pop wife stand over a hot stove.

For the record I made the beer too.

A couple more episodes from season 2 of American Horror Story with some breakfast beers. I hate cleaning and somehow by cleaning made a bigger mess. Go figure.

Some midnight maple wheat. With filet mignon, hassleback potato, asparagus, and a portobello mushroom sauce.

20131029_184731_zpse9905630.jpg

Oh hells ya.

I'd eat 3 of those plates. Silly Euros. :fro: Post-workout snack!

I didnt think that would be the case. That just looked too good to be homemade but more props to you sir! :D

Well thank you. I try my best to pretend I know what I'm doing in the kitchen.

Having a Belgian pale now

I'd eat 3 of those plates. Silly Euros. :fro: Post-workout snack!

The plates are a little crunchy.

Back