Tap Tower - New Hole

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrainer

BeerCzar I am
Reaction score
I have a Sanyo 4912 ??? kegerator. The tower is a 2.5 or 3 inch plastic tower. I have a single tap but will be replacing the tower next year for 4 taps. In the mean time I'd like to drill a new hole in the existing tower and add a second tap.

What size hole should I drill?

Think I can get 3 taps in it?

You can get three taps on it, you'll just have to arrange them the right way. As for your hole...I'd drill it the a little bigger than the shank you'll be using.

Shanks are what pass through a door... this has a barb on the inside and the faucet screws onto the barb.... Or do I have this wrong?

Shanks come in many sizes, some are made for flat doors and are long, others are made very short for tower tubes. I have some 2 tap towers I drilled holes to make them 3 tap towers. Measure twice, cut once. For doing 3 taps you probably want to offset the height to make it easier to assemble. Get the original one out of the way, measure, drill, assemble and then replace the original. You can see in this pic the 3 tap towers, two faucets are removed. You could turn your tower and place them like mine or have the extra faucets lower instead, reversing the pattern.
IMG_35521.jpg

DOH didn't realize shanks were for towers too. B3 didn't seem to have what resembled what I have... I'll have to look around at some of the other vendors...

so that simplifies my search... thanks.

I've only tried to ever source the tower pieces I would need online at B3..... So after this thread I called an the shortest they have is 3".

I see them on micromatic and NB..... Thanks maybe I'll just go with the DIY PVC tower mod anyhow...

Back