Conan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Look forward to Conan coming back on TV. I wonder how different if any his show will be.

Hopefully his show will change, I never really liked his show too much but I used to work nights and it was all that was on. I will miss the show without Jay on it but then again since I no longer take a nap after getting home from work I rarely see it any more but I do plan to stay up for the last show.

I am looking forward to it. I personally did not care for Jay Leno's comedy, have always like Conan. I probably won't stay up, but I might DVR it.

vintage Conan?

conan_swords_18.jpg

I hope that they don't change it, but I think the same thing will happen to Conan as what happened to Letterman. Watered down e, safe comedy made to draw a wider audience and offend nobody. I think the days of the Masturbating Bear and Triumph are gone (I REALLY hope I am wrong)

Who is playing Conan since Arnold is a governor now? The movies were ok at best I don't see how they can turn it into a weekly show.

I find Conan hilarious. There is a promo of him just running down the beach in a suit that made me laugh. There was a time during the writer's strike he had to do the show with no writers. He built a zip line and strapped rockets on his shoes to stop Booth from shooting Lincoln. Good times.

I hope that they don't change it, but I think the same thing will happen to Conan as what happened to Letterman. Watered down e, safe comedy made to draw a wider audience and offend nobody. I think the days of the Masturbating Bear and Triumph are gone (I REALLY hope I am wrong)

But David Letterman's show is his show, to the best of my knowledge he has always been the host except for possible guest hosts.

Jay Leno's show was not originally his show; he took over for Johnny Carson who took over the show from others. Conan is not taking "his" show and moving into that spot he is taking over the Tonight Show just as others have done. The tonight show is not "his" show and shouldn't be, he should try and carry on the traditions of the show if he wants to do "his" show he should have kept "his" show. Now obviously he will have his influence but he is not just moving his show to another time slot.

I think they will tone it down a little bit due to the time slot. I hope not, but I think they will have to.
Like Parker36 said, don't want to offend anyone.

He's really funny, and I think that over time he will put his stamp on the tonight show.

I wonder if he will retire the Masturbating Bear or Horny Manatee.

But David Letterman's show is his show, to the best of my knowledge he has always been the host except for possible guest hosts.

Jay Leno's show was not originally his show; he took over for Johnny Carson who took over the show from others. Conan is not taking "his" show and moving into that spot he is taking over the Tonight Show just as others have done. The tonight show is not "his" show and shouldn't be, he should try and carry on the traditions of the show if he wants to do "his" show he should have kept "his" show. Now obviously he will have his influence but he is not just moving his show to another time slot.

I so agree. I like conan enuf for sure, but the tonight show is the tonight show... and dumb old carson should have never shosen (or maybe the network chose) that Doritos moron...

I believe NBC chose Leno...Johnny Carson wanted Letterman to take over.

(I still miss Johnny.)

But I think I'll like Conan better than Leno, although I think Letterman is still king, even toned-down.

Conan is, was, and will always be a hysterical writer. He had no trouble keeping up during the strike. I think many people forget that he was one of the writers for SNL for many years. I think that he will make a great host on the Tonight Show. Sure, the Masterbating Bear has likely gone into permanent hibernation, but I think a character like Triumph would fit with the Tonight Show standard given today's community acceptance level.

Will it be different, sure. But over time, this will become Conan's show, just like Jay Leno took time to make it his.

Back