Regulator brands to avoid?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
So this is what Ive learned so far:

To keg you basically need a co2 tank and regulator, gas lines, beer lines, keg and tap.

It seems off all those supplies that the regulator would be the most important. So, as I try to piece together a kegging system Im concerned about product quality. Are there any regulators to avoid or are they all pretty much the same? It seems like there are hundreds to choose from and I am a bit overwelmed.

Also, should I just buy a kit instead of trying to piece something together? Or, can a save a significant amount of money piecing one together with minimal effort?

Thanks!

You can get a great deal on a regulator and co2 bottle at micromatic.com. Cheapest around by far and great quality Then all you have to do is search for a good buy on 4 to 8 used kegs I have 4 and am looking for more. do a search on here for mcmaster carr and get the product number of all the keg seals and either look online for your gas disconnects and gas line at midwest supplies northern brewer ebrew austin home brew or keg connection hose or check out your lhbs which doesn't have shipping charges good luck

From what I hear TapRite is a premium regulator that has a loyal fanbase. I am very happy with my BrewLogic (Midwest house brand)

You should concider buying a complete kegging setup, to save the hastle of making sure you have all the right pieces. Most retailers will sell a single or double regulator setup with anywhere from 1-4 kegs, and a number of manifolds to match. I bought a 2keg 2 regulator setup, and all I had to to was sanatize, and fill with beer.

+1 on buying a system

I am in the process of purchasing a kegging setup. After looking at various sites to piece out and build my own, I decided to buy a Brewlogic system from Midwest. Not having to worry about forgetting a tap, a connector, etc makes for more beer drinking time!

I just did the same thing...I got the dual PSI system from Midwest. Sounds like if I have any problems with it I can contact people easy enough.

I really like the idea of being able to force carb at the same time drawing beer

Back