So now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apo09283

Reaction score
I've just installed all new beverage lines (3/16" ID) in my kegerator.........7' each. The math called for 4' but you esteemed ladies and gents said go for 7' and trim them down if needed.

I increased the pressure in each keg to 14 PSI for two days, reset the pressure to 12.5psi and now I'm waiting for the temp to come down after having the door open during installation. All lines are coiled on top of the kegs in the fridge. Temp will be 38F and I'm looking for 2.5-2.6 volumes of CO2. As previously mentioned my regulator creeps so it may be a day or two until I get the proper pressure set.

Since there seemed to be little faith in the math regarding balancing the system I'm asking what now? Am I looking for a certain flow rate as I've read or something different. How will I know how much to trim off each hose if needed? Can I assume that once I find the perfectly carbonated 1/2" head on a pint from one keg the others will be the same?
Cheers,
Bill

Balancing the lines is based on a certain pour rate. I don't know exactly what it is, but I've opted for longer lines and minimal foaming. A slow pour is still under 30 seconds.

The math called for 5' on my mini fridge kegerator, but I put 10 footers on. I've carbed to 13 psi and the pour is too slow for my liking, there are no foaming issues at all though,lol.

I am gonna trim one down 1' at a time to find out what is best, however, I am going to leave the 10' line on my other tap for belgians, fruit beers, apfelwein, etc...anything that I want to carbonate highly 3.0+ volumes.

Back