GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about halfway thru season 2 of Lost Girl and it's starting to get old. This last episode really bugged me. How hard is it to pronounce lich?!!?

That's about where I lost interest as well. And now the fact that I don't remember anything about what I did watch, other than the main chick is sexy as hell, just affirms my decision to give up on it.

I've got TPB's in que but hadn't gotten around to watching it yet. If there are no pancakes though I'm so quitting watching it. Don't want it to shatter my fantasies....

Stalled.

Zombie flick about a sad-sack loser that is trapped in a bathroom stall by zombies on Christmas Eve.

Cheesy, silly, and a total waste of time, but I got a few grins out of it.

I've got TPB's in que but hadn't gotten around to watching it yet. If there are no pancakes though I'm so quitting watching it. Don't want it to shatter my fantasies....

Speaking of pancakes, THE KILLING has hooked me in.

The only problem? that elfin red head is SO goood at the dead pan "I have very little in the way of emotions" obsessed cop thing, that I find her relationship with Leoben (ba dum dum) completely unbelieveably.

ALSO, also, the nagging feeling that the show is just going to come up with more and more suspects that they want you to think did it.........

Also, also, also the nagging feeling that the crime won't be solved FOR LIKE 4 FREAKING SEASONS.

.....wik.

Heheh. We tried whatever that one with Kevin Bacon and the amnesia/thief guy from the first Resident Evil (or the Prince that Knight Tale movie) but it had that grating unnecessarily drug out so we don't have to think of another premise feel to it too.

Speaking of pancakes, THE KILLING has hooked me in.

The only problem? that elfin red head is SO goood at the dead pan "I have very little in the way of emotions" obsessed cop thing, that I find her relationship with Leoben (ba dum dum) completely unbelieveably.

ALSO, also, the nagging feeling that the show is just going to come up with more and more suspects that they want you to think did it.........

Also, also, also the nagging feeling that the crime won't be solved FOR LIKE 4 FREAKING SEASONS.

.....wik.

Holder carries the show. He's excellent

Maybe a SPOILER (I don't think so at all)

takes two seasons to find Rosie's killer.

At least your not trudging through Veronica Mars. In my limited defense though I have kids who want to watch it and of course... It isn't Glee.

I was getting really frustrated in season 1 of THE KILLING, seeing suspicion go from one character to another, and seeing season after season available to watch.

Glad to know that it doesn't go for 4 seasons on Rosie. I will keep watching.

I was the same way...but felt I had invested enough time in it to stick it through the solving of at least that case. I haven't watched 3 or 4 though...

I was the same way...but felt I had invested enough time in it to stick it through the solving of at least that case. I haven't watched 3 or 4 though...

Season 2 Finale was AWESOME!!!!!

HO-LY DOG SEX. Did NOT see that coming, (...and my GF HATES how I am right about stuff 98.8% of the time ;))

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME..............right up to:

RING RING RING..."Hello? You did?!? GOOD! Cause just this very second, we found a shiny new corpse!!!!!"

Lol.

I have been watching The Wire on Amazon Prime. Combined with my kindle fire, I have been able to download episodes to watch on the airplane as I fly around, which has been pretty awesome so far as entertainment value is concerned. My flight back from the East coast this weekend went by in no time at all.

I just finished Season 4 yesterday. I think so far the second season is a bit of a drag on the series, as the overarching plot seems to have less focus, and the characters aren't developed nearly as well as the other seasons I've seen so far.

But, even the worst episode of The Wire is still better than 90%+ of everything else available to watch, so if you haven't seen it I highly recommend giving it a shot. The first episode or two of the series are probably a bit slow due to all the work done to introduce all the major characters, but stick with it and you will be handsomely rewarded.

Been catching up on Hell On Wheels. Pretty good series. Through the third episode of season 3.

Been catching up on Hell On Wheels. Pretty good series. Through the third episode of season 3.

Been considering returning to that myself.

JUST TO RECAP...

Orange Is The New Black
House of Cards
Battlestar Galactica
Breaking Bad

and

The Killing

Are MUST WATCH if you have not already done so......

Season 2 Finale was AWESOME!!!!!

HO-LY DOG SEX. Did NOT see that coming, (...and my GF HATES how I am right about stuff 98.8% of the time ;))

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME..............right up to:

RING RING RING..."Hello? You did?!? GOOD! Cause just this very second, we found a shiny new corpse!!!!!"

Lol.

I was shocked as well. Love how that little weasel campaign manager got dead. He's got a face you just want to punch...

Been considering returning to that myself.

JUST TO RECAP...

Orange Is The New Black
House of Cards
Battlestar Galactica
Breaking Bad

and

The Killing

Are MUST WATCH if you have not already done so......
Still haven't been able to bring myself to watch HoC in spite of it being on our list for over a year. I think The Killing is probably next on our primary. I'm not hopeful for Battlestar though. I'd probably enjoy it but the wife would likely hate it.

Warning: Don't watch Hell On Wheels if you've recently watched Deadwood.

I really like Hell On Wheels but I'm also finishing up Deadwood. Same time period, same struggles, same ole corruption...etc. Problem is while Hell On Wheels is great it is too similar to the far superior Deadwood making for a bit of a disappointment. So, I'm just going to have to hold off on Hell On Wheel until Deadwood is out of my system for a while.

Still haven't been able to bring myself to watch HoC in spite of it being on our list for over a year. I think The Killing is probably next on our primary. I'm not hopeful for Battlestar though. I'd probably enjoy it but the wife would likely hate it.

Get her to watch episode 1 of BSG. Even the women in my life get sucked in by the opening scene, the killing of the newborn, and the befuddling Dr Baltar.

If the first episode doesn't bring her in, she probably won't like the rest of the series.
Also, she's wrong.

Shrug, you take what victories you can get. I consider myself fortunate having been able to convert her to a Bruce Campbell fan (which on the plus side means I can probably get her to watch the Evil Dead TV series no matter how bad it might suck). That said, I can probably sucker her in for one but the newborn death won't suck her whatsoever in in all likelihood.

That said, we're a half dozen or so from completion of Deadwood and I must admit it was primarily the writing that sucked us into it (in spite of the painful awkwardness the dialogue creates at times). Is HoW comparable? Or is the story period the primary similarity? I vaguely remember trying to watch it after TWD a few times when it came out but I just never got into it. Deadwood got a little bit of leeway from the wife too since I've always made fun of Olyphant since watching the pilot of Justified.

Shrug, you take what victories you can get. I consider myself fortunate having been able to convert her to a Bruce Campbell fan (which on the plus side means I can probably get her to watch the Evil Dead TV series no matter how bad it might suck). That said, I can probably sucker her in for one but the newborn death won't suck her whatsoever in in all likelihood.

That said, we're a half dozen or so from completion of Deadwood and I must admit it was primarily the writing that sucked us into it (in spite of the painful awkwardness the dialogue creates at times). Is HoW comparable? Or is the story period the primary similarity? I vaguely remember trying to watch it after TWD a few times when it came out but I just never got into it. Deadwood got a little bit of leeway from the wife too since I've always made fun of Olyphant since watching the pilot of Justified.

IMO Deadwood is better as I would say it feels more accurate. Hell on Wheels to me has a more engaging story, expansion west vs dealings of one western town. I like them both as I am a fan of anything from that time period. Also in the case of Deadwood vs Hell on Wheels, HBO vs AMC production value. HBO wins out.

IMO Deadwood is better as I would say it feels more accurate. Hell on Wheels to me has a more engaging story, expansion west vs dealings of one western town. I like them both as I am a fan of anything from that time period. Also HBO vs AMC production value. HBO wins out.

Seen Tru Blood and Breaking Bad?????????

I like a lot of HBO now, but Breaking Bad beats everything HBO has ever done.

Seen Tru Blood and Breaking Bad?????????

I like a lot of HBO now, but Breaking Bad beats everything HBO has ever done.

Ok, not sure the relevance in a discussion comparing Deadwood vs Hell On Wheels, but thanks for interjecting.

Wouldn't Sopranos be a better comparison to Breaking Bad than True Blood? I would say Weeds but I'm thinking that was Showtime.

True Blood targets a slightly older age group (aka, just out of their teens or Vamp/Wolves/etc nuts) with a Twilightesque story sans creepy Pedo issues. They also dial back the annoying main chick quite a few levels which, while still overly annoying, doesn't make you want to bludgeon yourself. Either way, I don't really think their "production value" is their main selling point.

That said, while I don't think it's a very fair comparison as you're trying to skew based upon disdain and unbelievable supernatural garbage versus one grounded a little firmer in reality... True Blood's production value isn't completely awful. Considering the effects requirement differences with the two genre's, it isn't that good of a comparison since they're budgeted about the same (with TB with small leads at times).

I am totally baffled why these comparisons are even being made to begin with.

Schemy was making a very specific comparison of Deadwood vs Hell on Wheels and somehow you crazy people are extrapolating that to Breaking Bad vs. HBO or some nonsense.

Schemy was making a very specific comparison of Deadwood vs Hell on Wheels and somehow you crazy people are extrapolating that to Breaking Bad vs. HBO or some nonsense.

This post doesn't compare to your other posts.

Comparatively, my nod would go to AMC for storylines typically and HBO for production value. Seems like a fairly reasonable leap. Then again, AMC didn't even have a good series that I can think of until after Deadwood was canceled. :)

Read the words:

Also HBO vs AMC production value. HBO wins out.

I'm not saying that that Breaking Bad > Tru Blood/Sopranos, or really taking any stance, other than saying Cheezy's comment hardly came out of left field.

Schemy posited the notion that HBO shows had better production values than AMC shows. Cheezy responded with his opinion about AMC's production values, even if it wasn't an apples-to-apples comparison.

But how is comparing "Breaking Bad vs. HBO" in any way "crazy" or "nonsense" given the context? Breaking Bad is an AMC show. It is (arguably) better than some HBO show, thus the argument is contradicting something Schemy said. Hardly seems like nonsense.

My wife will also give a show a little bit more leeway when the production value is decent to good. Both AMC and HBO spend 3-5m/episode anyway (with the 5m part of the spectrum more commonly occupied by HBO but then their episodes are what, 40% longer?).

Muahaha, someone could have made a big leap and went with something like "Vampire Diaries" vs "True Blood." /cringe I realize it is a different network and basically irrelevant but to be honest, I didn't want to have to bear the brunt of that imagery on my own.

Back