Anything wrong with using an 8gal non-bucket container?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see anything wrong with that at all. It is food grade, it has a gasketed lid, and it looks like the lid secures very tightly. You will need to drill a hole in the lid for the airlock/blowoff tube, but that is not a big deal at all. For $10, I say go for it!

Quote : "has been used previously with pills"

Man, that's a LOT of Advil.

Seems like a good deal and half the price of what I pay at my LHBS for a 7.5 gallon bucket.

I'll probably pick one up then. If you haven't seen my queue, I'm way behind on getting beers brewed. With only 5gal carboys, I need something bigger to use as my primary, hence the reason why I'm behind on brewing.

*edit*
I'm also looking at a 32qt stock pot with steamer and lid for $31 shipped on ebay. So 8gal pot and primary for ~$50 doesn't seem like too bad of a deal to me. Not exactly local bargain deals, but, I haven't been able to find what I need locally.

I was going to pull the trigger but then the shipping is $10 per barrel and that brings me up to the price I pay for a proper 7.5 gallon bucket locally so I'll skip it.

The yeast don't really care what you use to ferment your beer in.

I thought about putting up some motivational posters and rotating local radio stations throughout the week to get them to ferment those big RIS's. Waste of time? ;)

Back