Farmhouse Brewing Supply- The Store!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to say you guys rock. Great selection of malts and a super awesome selection of hops. Incredible prices to boot. Good luck on the store and if you were near me I would probably just be lurking there about every other day. Thanks.

Thanks for the comment, if you bring beer then it's not lurking!

We have another 50 kegs ready to go, when we hit 100 cleaned up we'll put them up on the site. I think by Friday we should be good to go!

Got mine & 1 with a plastic lid.
image-1658210481.jpg

They look good, thanks.

Hey Happy Keg Buyers!

Just a heads up: It appears that (at least the one I received) the plastic lids do not hold pressure. Try as I might to get that thing situated correctly, it still won't hold pressure. Thankfully, the other keg I got was a metal lid, and it's holding pressure just fine. Guess I'm going to have to find a replacement lid, now.

Hey Happy Keg Buyers!

Just a heads up: It appears that (at least the one I received) the plastic lids do not hold pressure. Try as I might to get that thing situated correctly, it still won't hold pressure. Thankfully, the other keg I got was a metal lid, and it's holding pressure just fine. Guess I'm going to have to find a replacement lid, now.

Can you locate the leak with water or starsan (creates bubbles)? I.E. can you see it bubbling around the lid or is it leaking through the relief valve? All of these had pressure in them before I washed them so it should work. Let me know what you come up with. Also are you using keg lube on the lids?

Can you locate the leak with water or starsan (creates bubbles)? I.E. can you see it bubbling around the lid or is it leaking through the relief valve? All of these had pressure in them before I washed them so it should work. Let me know what you come up with. Also are you using keg lube on the lids?

Good suggestion with the keg lube. I've got them lubed up and swapped out the o-rings. They seem to be holding pressure, so I'll give them a 24-hour test and let you know! Thanks for the great customer service.

No problem, let me know how it goes.

Also, with the plastic lids there is a groove that the o-ring sits in. Make sure it is sitting in that groove correctly.

Cheers,

John

Steelers77 said:
No problem, let me know how it goes.

Also, with the plastic lids there is a groove that the o-ring sits in. Make sure it is sitting in that groove correctly.

Cheers,

John

Looks like the plastic lid keg isn't holding pressure. Seems to be leaking around the little raised part of the lid. Tried lube, tried sealing it with co2, but it's all leaked out in 24 hours. Not sure if it got rattled during shipping or what happened. Changed out the o-ring and seated it into the grove. Still no luck...

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Looks like the plastic lid keg isn't holding pressure. Seems to be leaking around the little raised part of the lid. Tried lube, tried sealing it with co2, but it's all leaked out in 24 hours. Not sure if it got rattled during shipping or what happened. Changed out the o-ring and seated it into the grove. Still no luck...

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Swap lids with another keg. I'm betting it's not the lid, theres probably a slight defect in the keg lip where the o ring seals. I have a couple kegs like that. You might need an oversize o ring to get it to seal.

Swap lids with another keg. I'm betting it's not the lid, theres probably a slight defect in the keg lip where the o ring seals. I have a couple kegs like that. You might need an oversize o ring to get it to seal.

Swapped out the plastic lid with the metal lid that came on the second keg that I ordered. Seemed to seal up quicker but still wasn't holding pressure after 24 hours. I'm going to try the plastic lid on another keg to make sure it's not the lid (looking more and more like it's not) but I'm about out of ideas.

Swapped out the plastic lid with the metal lid that came on the second keg that I ordered. Seemed to seal up quicker but still wasn't holding pressure after 24 hours. I'm going to try the plastic lid on another keg to make sure it's not the lid (looking more and more like it's not) but I'm about out of ideas.

PM sent

John,

I'm also having a pressure sealing problem with at least one of the four kegs I got (I suspect another may also be having an issue but haven't long tested it yet).

One of the kegs the opening has obvious bends to it, so much so that when the lid is in place with keg lube and a new o ring if you put liquid in and shake it, it pours out of the gap. I then tried seating the lid and putting it on 12psi till it was full and it appeared to seat, but the co2 leaked out over a period of 36hrs or so.

One of the other kegs also has an opening with obvious bending to it, and leaks liquid when the lid is attached without co2. I'll pressurize it again and leave it for 2 days and see if it holds the co2.

Oddly enough one of the kegs has a diptube with a really dramatic bend, putting the end of the dip tube almost 2.5 - 3" off the bottom of the keg. I've never seen one with that much bend to it and at first thought it had been cut.

While John is on the forum quite often, I would suggest you email or pm him your comments and concerns. You'll end up having to pm or email anyway. Remember that he doesn't run the HBT homebrew store. He runs a private business that he advertises and offers specials to HBT. Correspondence would be much faster and convenient for him if you use a direct line of communication.

Hey all, hope everyone had a great weekend.

We have Chugger pumps (Stainless) on pre-order. We hope to have them in tomorrow so get them while you can.

John

John--

I'm looking to place an order soon but noticed that 5 out of 11 varieties of hops I was planning to get are out of stock (must be popular!) Can you give an update on when the out-of-stock hops will be available? Are Citra Pellet hops gone for good? I'll keep my ear to the ground for the kegs too!

I'm in Minneapolis now, but maybe I'll have to swing by when I'm back in God's Country (WI)!

Just got my order of hops for the summer! And some kegs!

I'm still really pleased with Farmhouse Brewing Supply... I can't wait to see the new store!

Just got an order of hops in the mail, didn't realize you guys were so close. I have friends in Edgerton, wouldn't be much further. I'll have to check out your store some time.

I would like 3 ounces of Amarillo leaf hops, if that is possible.

EDIT: --- Ordered today thank you. A Hopped UP RYE pale ale with amarillo and citra hops is now on the schedule!!

Thank You Farmhouse Brewing Supply!

Can't believe I missed this thread. John and Rhonda congrats and best of luck! I just learned of your site and the next thing I'll do is check it out. Sounds like you have a string of loyal customers already. Again, Congrats!

If you're around Madison, like me, it's well worth the 35 minute drive to Janesville to visit the store. I stopped in on Friday to pick up some grain, hops, and yeast for my next few batches (heck of a lot cheaper than the two shops in Madison that want $1.80-$2/lb for grain!). Not only did I get my ingredients, but I was even offered a beer to sample while I did my shopping!

Latest posts

Back