Flash Tap Chiller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mal209

Reaction score
hey everyone,

I have been working on solving a problem with keg taps for quite a while, and would love some help with any brainstorming.

I have been trying to solve the problem that arises when pouring the first beer in a while out of a keg. The warm tap causes the first beer to foam up as it heats up the beer until it is sufficiently cold.

I was looking for a way to fix this...

solution 1: just drink faster and never let the tap warm up... always a good choice

solution 2: i was thinking of trying to hook up a peltier cooler to the tap which i could flip on 5-10 seconds before pouring which would chill the tap to avoid foam... Im worried this might freeze the beer line and also would be difficult to hook up to the tap with good contact.

Does anyone have any ideas for better chilling, or mounting of a peltier cooler?

thanks in advance,
Michael.

I have seen:

- Fans to push cold air up around the faucet
- Copper Pipe used to conduct cold to the faucet
- Glycol pump with resevoir used to cool the faucet

For my portable kegerator with PVC tower, I plan to just use ice to cool the taps in the summer. Since it is mainly for parties, the ice should do nicely.

Back