think fast... short time period i need a beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcolson

Reaction score
Ok so i have 3 weeks and 1 day to make a batch of beer and have it ready to drink... what can i make that will be the fastest? extract brewing wise... thank you. i have kegs and such so that isnt a problem.

Witbier, mild, Irish red ale...any session beer that isn't hop-forward, feature honey, fruit, or other odd ingredients. I'd also stay away from anything with too much roasty malt flavor as I like roasty flavors to have a little age on them. Scottish 60,70, or 80 would work, anything that has toasty or caramel malt type flavors. If I were you I might get a brewer's best irish red ale kit. That was my very first brew and it was fantastic.

hefeweizen, straight up.

6 lbs Wheat DME
<1 oz Hallertau, tettnanger, saaz, etc. @ 60 minutes
1 vial WLP300

you could have that ready in 10 days with a keg, easy.

other than that, milds, light ambers...really ANY light beer will be ready in 3 weeks if you have a good yeast pitching rate and want to force carbonate.

You can force carbonate beer in the keg in a short amount of time, btw. turn the pressure up to 40 PSI and roll it on the ground for 10 minutes. let the pressure off (watch for foaming), tap it, put it on low pressure. put it on ice, done.

Likewise to other posts. Kits are easy. They even have no boil kits but stray away from them as the flavor is not as favorable. Wit is the way to go. Light, balanced, medium alcohol.

Good luck!

- WW

hefeweizen, straight up.

6 lbs Wheat DME
<1 oz Hallertau, tettnanger, saaz, etc. @ 60 minutes
1 vial WLP300

you could have that ready in 10 days with a keg, easy.

other than that, milds, light ambers...really ANY light beer will be ready in 3 weeks if you have a good yeast pitching rate and want to force carbonate.

You can force carbonate beer in the keg in a short amount of time, btw. turn the pressure up to 40 PSI and roll it on the ground for 10 minutes. let the pressure off (watch for foaming), tap it, put it on low pressure. put it on ice, done.
quick and easy!

My vote goes for the wit. About the same maturation period of a Hefe, and it's a bit more impressive because it's got coriander, orange peel, etc. If your looking to impress....that is.....;)

My vote goes for the wit. About the same maturation period of a Hefe, and it's a bit more impressive because it's got coriander, orange peel, etc. If your looking to impress....that is.....;)
That's how I feel about them, but because of the belgian yeast. I don't care for hefe's so much.

If it's a mass appeal beer, the extract version of the Centennial Blonde has worked well and pleases a lot of palates.
Blonde_Ale2.jpg

Back