Is this a good deal? Craigslist.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't count on being able to get the fridge fixed; it would likely cost you more than it's worth. The CO2 bottle is possibly worth close to the $75, depending on size, so it prolly comes down to whether the other hardware is any good or not as to whether it's a good deal.

Need to find out what the hydrotest date is on the cylinder. If it is expired, you are looking at a test fee (no idea what that might be in LV) or possibly swapping the tank out (if you can find a gas company that will do this).

I believe a hydrostatic test is good for 6 years. The date is stamped on the shoulder of the cylinder.

All CO2 cylinders need to be tested every 5 years. The test consists of submerging the tank in a blast-containment water tank and filling it up to 5/3 its rated pressure. If it's ever going to fail, it will fail in there where the blast won't kill someone.

And even a 5lb tank costs $75 used from the place I swap em out at.

Back