Mash Thermometer find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks interesting....is that a clip towards the top? Depending on what you use for an MLT, that might be sufficient to hold it. Or, depending on how heavy it is, the mash might be thick enough to support it. I think the real challenge would be to keep from getting the transmitter covered in grain and water.

Looks like a great tool. I am currently making an automated temp control system for the fermentor and may add this to the design. Thanks for a great link.
Bob

yeah looks like wal mart has quite a few different thermometers that will serve the purpose when i get back home im going to go take a look at them in the store to get a better feel for what they look like. They also sell a 34 qt aluminum pot for 22.95 under the item title "tamale steamer" im going to pick one of those up also.

Have you received them yet? Looks like a great deal and if they are good quality even better.

I use a tamale pot for my HLT. Drilled a hole in the side of it for a combination sight glass/thermometer kit from Bobby M and drilled another hole for the ballvalve also from Bobby M. It was cheap and works great!

The tamale pot aluminum might be thin but is not flimsy.

whitehause said:
i use that exact therm, and it works very well. It's not as "instant" as they would have you believe, but it gives you an accurate reading after about 10-15 secs. The probe cover also snaps on to the back to give you a little longer reach.

+1

I use a thermocouple for most things but my wife bought me one of these for a handfull of tasks. It's nice, but if I recall correctly the packaging says not to immerse in water. That doesn't meet my idea of waterproof. Still a nice unit for the price.

Back