1 mistake 2 mistake 3 mistake.... FAIL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver02ws6

Reaction score
Well i decided to keg my Arrogant Bastard Clone before leaving for vacation. Possibly a little early but the FG had not moved in a week so I knew it was finished fermenting at a minimum.

Basically poor planning left me using my auto siphon which I hate... damn thing will never seal correctly so I had to stand there clamped down on it with my hand to try an minimize the air getting in to my final product. I can almost guarantee that this beer will be just a wee bit hazy and have a few pieces of yeast floating around in it.

So after fighting with this I finally get the beer into the keg... then realize oh still need to sanitize the lid... keg lube etc.

Come back hit the valve on my regulator to clear the head space and all the beer started to rise.... I thought it was hot break all over again. I managed to stuff the C02 line onto the out and pushed a decent amount of C02 through the beer. Switch that up clear the head space cap it and I am done.

Moral of the story is ....... slow down , relax , and have a home brew. You should never do anything brew related when pressed for time. Now if I follow my own advice I may never brew again cause I am always pressed for time, but it makes sense and will save you a few headaches.

Oh well she is brewed and will taste fantastic in a few weeks!!!!!

Latest posts

Back