A great Cherry Wheat.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretsforlife

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im moving my IPA over to secondary today which frees up my primary. My girl said she'd like to try a Cherry Wheat, and i think that sounds like a good idea seeing how we both like Sam Adams version.

Has anyone made a great Cherry Wheat that they'd care to share with me? I saw the one submitted by rdjw, and unless I get any other ideas, I'll probably try my hand at that.

I want this to be an extract batch and I have a 4 gallon pot to work with. One thing that we're hellbent on is, we want to use real cherries (no cherry extract or flavorings).

If I do decide to go with the Cherry Wit from the recipe section, what kind of yeast do you recommend? I've never tried a liquid, maybe this would be a good time. Only thing is, I wouldn't be able to make a 2 day starter for it. I do however have a packet of Nottingham that I could start today if that would work.

Let me know what you guys think.. thanks a lot! :)

Back