What accesories do I need now for the cornelius keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tabasco

Reaction score
Total noob. I ordered two of pedalbikers cornelius kegs because I don't want to fool around with bottling. Seem like a good deal, too.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/cornelius-kegs-sale-46176/

I know I need a gauge, tubing and a spigot but what other fittings do I need for the top of the tank? I will be getting a CO2 tank locally.

Is the tubing a standard inside diameter or do I need to wait and see what kind of keg he sends? :cross:

I found the instructions on the Northern website.

But if anyone has any advice on using this setup, feel free to chime in.

I'm kind of in the same boat as I just got 4 kegs off the forum however I just ordered my stuff from MW. I got a Cornelius brand dual gauge regulator (PN 8015 with 5/16" tubing) and the gas and beer tubing sets (PN's 5409 and 5408). They said that's all I need, it came to $80, I was lucky and had a filled 5lb CO2 tank that I previously used for a saltwater aquarium. I just filled my first keg today and am thrilled how easy it is, basically as much work as racking the beer to the bottling bucket minus all the bottle rinsing, sanitizing, filling and capping. Good luck.

I'm kind of in the same boat as I just got 4 kegs off the forum however I just ordered my stuff from MW. I got a Cornelius brand dual gauge regulator (PN 8015 with 5/16" tubing) and the gas and beer tubing sets (PN's 5409 and 5408). They said that's all I need, it came to $80, I was lucky and had a filled 5lb CO2 tank that I previously used for a saltwater aquarium. I just filled my first keg today and am thrilled how easy it is, basically as much work as racking the beer to the bottling bucket minus all the bottle rinsing, sanitizing, filling and capping. Good luck.

Thanks for the info! What's MW? :mug:

OK - got it - Midwest Brewing...aahhhaaaaa!

Back