Kegconnection.com - Black Friday AD!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries. Just trying to make sure I get what I want. I emailed you a couple things yesterday but have not received return email back related to changes I'd like to make to last nights order z(pricing discrepancy, changes, add ons)

I forwarded your email to someone that could help you quicker than me. At the moment, I'm on the road down to south Texas to visit family but you should be getting a call sometime today or possibly tomorrow to resolve those issues. Sorry for the delay, i can only imagine how hectic it is there at the warehouse!

cheers,

joshua

Copyright, did you get the pricing issue on the kit resolved?

I think so. I called today and talked to Todd, who offered to remove the kit from my order. When I explained that I ordered a number of things (that I don't really need) to take advantage of the sale and free shipping and that I would need to cancel the entire order, he offered to give me a $12 credit to my credit card (the difference in price) which I readily accepted. So, he said he will send me an email (haven't gotten it yet) and the credit would be processed sometime next week.

Hope this helps.

Joshua,

Not really a black Friday question, but I am looking at your faucet fridge conversion kit for my newly built keezer 4 Faucet Fridge Conversion Keg Kit, Standard Kit, BALL LOCK

But if I want to be able to force carb while also serving beer I should just upgrade to the dual-body regulator: CO2 Beer Regulator, Dual Body Chudnow, Upgrade (read detailed description before ordering!)

This will give me, if I understand correctly all I need to run 4 kegs minus co2 and kegs only, right?

BTW you're awesome for answering all these questions!

-Brian

I think so. I called today and talked to Todd, who offered to remove the kit from my order. When I explained that I ordered a number of things (that I don't really need) to take advantage of the sale and free shipping and that I would need to cancel the entire order, he offered to give me a $12 credit to my credit card (the difference in price) which I readily accepted. So, he said he will send me an email (haven't gotten it yet) and the credit would be processed sometime next week.

Hope this helps.

So they didn't necessarily agree there was a valid concern even though you had a screen shot? I dont get how removing the item addresses the issue? Do you already have a keg set up? I don't so this would be my starting point. I saw the same price (and captured a screen shot) you did. I really want a kit but want to look at modifying it to aluminum tank and maybe ball lock kegs but want t use the base price I saw, as in saw it for over 5 hours while I was playing on the site waiting for 9PM to roll around

I forwarded your email to someone that could help you quicker than me. At the moment, I'm on the road down to south Texas to visit family but you should be getting a call sometime today or possibly tomorrow to resolve those issues. Sorry for the delay, i can only imagine how hectic it is there at the warehouse!

cheers,

joshua

Thanks. I have heard from Nanette telling me someone is working on things, but not from anyone else with any details. I will call in tomorrow (are you guys open on Saturday?) if I don't hear anything today

Thanks. I have heard from Nanette telling me someone is working on things, but not from anyone else with any details. I will call in tomorrow (are you guys open on Saturday?) if I don't hear anything today

We aren't normally open on Saturdays but during times like this (anything but normal) we will be. Sorry no one has gotten in touch with you yet.

cheers,

joshua

Joshua,

Thanks for all your help. Today must be nutty for you guys

I bought a 2nd keg (actually two, but I will only ever have two hooked up) in addition to the basic keg kit and want to do a dual pressure/dual regulator setup. I found the extra regulator body, but I need a "kit" for 2nd set of lines (to duplicate what comes with the kit), etc. to hook up the additional regulator body and 2nd keg including a party tap and all connections including MFL disconnects, babrs, clamps, etc. Is there a kit or do I have to figure out what to piece together. I will be looking to add these things to my existing order prior to shipment.

So they didn't necessarily agree there was a valid concern even though you had a screen shot? I dont get how removing the item addresses the issue? Do you already have a keg set up? I don't so this would be my starting point. I saw the same price (and captured a screen shot) you did. I really want a kit but want to look at modifying it to aluminum tank and maybe ball lock kegs but want t use the base price I saw, as in saw it for over 5 hours while I was playing on the site waiting for 9PM to roll around

I think it was more explaining the situation to Todd. He was nice about it.

Yes, I already have 7 kegs (ball-lock), 2 regulators (one I am not using because I think it is leaking) and 2 co2 canisters.

I think it was a price mistake as the $119.95 is the discounted price. When they set up the overall 10% off I'm guessing this got missed and thus it also got the 10% off. I'm with you...I decided to order it BECAUSE of the lower price...I am thinking of doing a DIY Kezzer project in my upstairs and figured that after buying another regulator and co2 that it wasn't much more for the kit. Since I was getting THAT and the $20 keg I decided to also buy a perlick ss faucet. All of this was because of the price, so if I didn't get it I would just move on with life.

I think it was more explaining the situation to Todd. He was nice about it.

Yes, I already have 7 kegs (ball-lock), 2 regulators (one I am not using because I think it is leaking) and 2 co2 canisters.

I think it was a price mistake as the $119.95 is the discounted price. When they set up the overall 10% off I'm guessing this got missed and thus it also got the 10% off. I'm with you...I decided to order it BECAUSE of the lower price...I am thinking of doing a DIY Kezzer project in my upstairs and figured that after buying another regulator and co2 that it wasn't much more for the kit. Since I was getting THAT and the $20 keg I decided to also buy a perlick ss faucet. All of this was because of the price, so if I didn't get it I would just move on with life.

I'm just getting started so this kit is key for me. The price was showing $107 pretty much all day. I was watching it for like 5 hours before the BF sale. The pre black Friday pricing was showing $107 all day.

I don't have any kegs now, but I like the idea of ball locks for the smaller diameter and the pressure relief valve, but in the end, since I have nothing right now, pin locks will likely work out fine

I'm just getting started so this kit is key for me. The price was showing $107 pretty much all day. I was watching it for like 5 hours before the BF sale. The pre black Friday pricing was showing $107 all day.

I don't have any kegs now, but I like the idea of ball locks for the smaller diameter and the pressure relief valve, but in the end, since I have nothing right now, pin locks will likely work out fine

Using kegs is SO much nicer. Things like:
- No need to clean, sanitize, and fill up a bazillion bottles. Clean the keg, sanitize it and just rack to the keg.
- You can use a keg as a secondary/conditioning. I go from my primary (plastic) directly to the keg for conditioning.
- No worries about oxidation when racking. You can co2/vent/co2/vent/co2 after racking to get the oxygen out of the keg.
- You can use the keg even if you want to do bottles or mix/match. For instance, I sometimes rack to the keg but first put my sanitized sugar for carbonation (sugar + water boiled for 15 minutes) in the keg and then rack to the keg. Then I do some bottles from the keg (using a small amount of co2) to the bottling tube and fill up some bottles to bottle condition. Then the rest I just leave in keg to naturally carbonate.
- You can use the keg and use co2 to carbonate, and then still do bottles as desired. See https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/
- You can quick carbonate if really needed. I don't recommend this as it is easy to overshoot your carbonation level, but it can be done if in a pinch.
- You can change your carbonation level if needed over time.
- You can use the keg to "cold crash", then remove the crud by just drawing a couple pints. (Only gotcha is that it is possible to clog the beverage tube - I managed to do this once....then you have to remove the tube, clean it, sanitize it and put it back.)
- You can leave the crud (but don't drink it) by shortening the tube a bit or bending it.
- You can have soft-drinks "on tap". Make your own root beer or cream soda or whatever for the kids. (I tend to just make carbonated water that can be mixed with a cream soda or other solution that i keep in the refrigerator).

...and so on, and so on

the only (supposed) reason the shipping would jump to $200 is if the weight was over 150 lbs. your cart, as described, shouldn't have been near that weight. please call our sales manager, Ben, directly @ 512-749-8101 and let him know what happened. Ben is extremely good about doing everything he can to work with you and i'm confident you'll get taken care of.

sorry about your troubles!

cheers,

joshua

Also just had this issue, had the cart up to $104. 1 keg, 3 way distributor, 2 disconnects, 2 swivel nuts, 10 feet of gas hose and 10 clamps. Put in the half price shipping code and shipping total was $100. Wow! Bought a whole 2 keg setup last year during this sale and shipping was $60. By my description of of the cart, does the shipping seem right? Called Ben a couple times but he never calls me back :(

Also just had this issue, had the cart up to $104. 1 keg, 3 way distributor, 2 disconnects, 2 swivel nuts, 10 feet of gas hose and 10 clamps. Put in the half price shipping code and shipping total was $100. Wow! Bought a whole 2 keg setup last year during this sale and shipping was $60. By my description of of the cart, does the shipping seem right? Called Ben a couple times but he never calls me back :(

There must be something wrong in the shipping calculator when dealing with Canada. I am terribly sorry about that. I'm currently out of town but PLEASE call the main office (512-805-3300), ask for Todd (owner) and he'll help you out. Ben might be pretty back logged right now but you can try him too, or call the office.

cheers,

joshua

KC, thanks for the great sale, and for keeping HBTers in the loop with this thread!

I'd been on the cusp of getting into kegging for a while, and this was the nudge I needed. I ordered a basic 3-keg setup, and can't wait to put it to good use.

also, in case you weren't certain, these deals are still good for Cyber Monday!

Joshua, in regards to adjusting my order-- (i placed an order for 2 29.99 racetracks before the limit was on the brief description) I emailed CC and received a confirmation from Nanette as she forwarded it to the other departments. Would it be easiest on your guys to wait for a response from the others? (she sent it to Ben and Anthony) I dont want to be a hassle, but also wasnt sure if you guys would be waiting on us to call if we made the mistake and ordered too many.

thanks again
Ryan

Using kegs is SO much nicer. Things like:
- No need to clean, sanitize, and fill up a bazillion bottles. Clean the keg, sanitize it and just rack to the keg.
- You can use a keg as a secondary/conditioning. I go from my primary (plastic) directly to the keg for conditioning.
- No worries about oxidation when racking. You can co2/vent/co2/vent/co2 after racking to get the oxygen out of the keg.
- You can use the keg even if you want to do bottles or mix/match. For instance, I sometimes rack to the keg but first put my sanitized sugar for carbonation (sugar + water boiled for 15 minutes) in the keg and then rack to the keg. Then I do some bottles from the keg (using a small amount of co2) to the bottling tube and fill up some bottles to bottle condition. Then the rest I just leave in keg to naturally carbonate.
- You can use the keg and use co2 to carbonate, and then still do bottles as desired. See https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/
- You can quick carbonate if really needed. I don't recommend this as it is easy to overshoot your carbonation level, but it can be done if in a pinch.
- You can change your carbonation level if needed over time.
- You can use the keg to "cold crash", then remove the crud by just drawing a couple pints. (Only gotcha is that it is possible to clog the beverage tube - I managed to do this once....then you have to remove the tube, clean it, sanitize it and put it back.)
- You can leave the crud (but don't drink it) by shortening the tube a bit or bending it.
- You can have soft-drinks "on tap". Make your own root beer or cream soda or whatever for the kids. (I tend to just make carbonated water that can be mixed with a cream soda or other solution that i keep in the refrigerator).

...and so on, and so on

Yep lots of benefits which is why I'm making the move. Been bottling for about 20 years.

Have a semisweet melomel I am making that I want carbonated, so the only way to do that reliably is forced carb. Need kegs to do that

Beer is just easier and I will likely continue to "cask condition" with the kegs but still bottle some for sharing, etc.

I like the carbonated water thing too, What pressure do you use?

Joshua, in regards to adjusting my order-- (i placed an order for 2 29.99 racetracks before the limit was on the brief description) I emailed CC and received a confirmation from Nanette as she forwarded it to the other departments. Would it be easiest on your guys to wait for a response from the others? (she sent it to Ben and Anthony) I dont want to be a hassle, but also wasnt sure if you guys would be waiting on us to call if we made the mistake and ordered too many.

thanks again
Ryan

Same situation here. I am looking to modify my existing order place Thursday night and info was sent by Nanette to Ben and Anthony early Friday morning. No call back just yet. Should I call in?

thanks again
Ryan

our guys were told from Todd (owner) to be proactive in contacting customers, especially ones that called in about their order. if nanette passed on your email to Ben & Anthony, then one of them should contact you soon. you're not being a hassle at all, i understand you're wanting to get this taken care of and you're doing your part to make it happen. i'm out of town right now but will call them myself and ask them to please get in touch with you as soon as possible.

cheers,

joshua

KegconnectionLLC said:
our guys were told from Todd (owner) to be proactive in contacting customers, especially ones that called in about their order. if nanette passed on your email to Ben & Anthony, then one of them should contact you soon. you're not being a hassle at all, i understand you're wanting to get this taken care of and you're doing your part to make it happen. i'm out of town right now but will call them myself and ask them to please get in touch with you as soon as possible.

cheers,

joshua

Awesome, gotta love good customer svc. Thanks again
Ryan

I just received an email from Todd. I ordered five of the regular ball locks before they got the limit on the short description.
He was nice about everything and appears to be taking care of the customers.

How difficult is it to recondition racetracks? I have one ordered, but have been looking around and it sounds like they take special o-rings and poppets that are hard to find?

I just received an email from Todd. I ordered five of the regular ball locks before they got the limit on the short description.
He was nice about everything and appears to be taking care of the customers.

What's going to happen to all the kegs that people over ordered? are they going to be offered up at the sale price again, or just sold at regular price?

What's going to happen to all the kegs that people over ordered? are they going to be offered up at the sale price again, or just sold at regular price?

i'm not sure how many kegs there will be but if there is ANY, HBT will get the link to them first and they will also be limit 1 per customer. i'll do my best to be able to list them for the BF/CM price, and will let you know when we count the extras (if there are any!). realistically, this count may not be firm until the end of next week (at the earliest) but i promise to keep you all in the loop!

cheers,

joshua

Wow this company has serious communication issues. I emailed them letting them know my mistake and gave them instructions on what I wanted done. Got an email back letting me know they were holding the shipping and fixing my order (sort of, it was actually a cc of someone telling shipping to hold the order). Got another email today telling me my order needed changing. ??? So I emailed him back with the changes again only to get an autorespond that he was out of the office?
Argggg

Edit: All is well. Just got the confirmation email and everything is fixed.

How difficult is it to recondition racetracks? I have one ordered, but have been looking around and it sounds like they take special o-rings and poppets that are hard to find?

as far as O-Rings are concerned, we use these:

O-ring set for Cornelius Style Keg, 5 piece

and have had no problems whatsoever. as far as the poppets are concerned, they use the same poppets as a standard ball lock, it just depends on the manufacture (i.e: Cornelius, Firestone, John Wood, Italian Construction). we stock all the parts to maintain/recondition any kegs we sell.

cheers,

joshua

as far as O-Rings are concerned, we use these:

O-ring set for Cornelius Style Keg, 5 piece

and have had no problems whatsoever. as far as the poppets are concerned, they use the same poppets as a standard ball lock, it just depends on the manufacture (i.e: Cornelius, Firestone, John Wood, Italian Construction). we stock all the parts to maintain/recondition any kegs we sell.

cheers,

joshua

So these orings works on the racetracks and the keg comes with set of new ones like the other kegs?

Wow this company has serious communication issues. I emailed them letting them know my mistake and gave them instructions on what I wanted done. Got an email back letting me know they were holding the shipping and fixing my order (sort of, it was actually a cc of someone telling shipping to hold the order). Got another email today telling me my order needed changing. ??? So I emailed him back with the changes again only to get an autorespond that he was out of the office?
Argggg

doh! i've been telling Todd to remove that auto-response since we moved in to the new location (a few days ago). he still receives all your emails, and will respond in a timely manner, but it is a little annoying receiving that auto-response every time you email him. i apologize for your troubles, we truly are doing our best to resolve any customer issues as quickly as possible.

cheers,

joshua

that's correct!

cheers,

joshua

OK, Thanks. I have an open question related to a "kit" for upgrading the base kit I ordered to a dual reg, triple gauge, dual keg setup. Didn't hear back from you on that. I found the add a regulator for $31.45 that will change the base reg to a dual pressure setup, but is there a "kit" for disconnects, clamps, hoses, party tap, etc. to add the 2nd keg to the mix? Didn't see one.

OK, Thanks. I have an open question related to a "kit" for upgrading the base kit I ordered to a dual reg, triple gauge, dual keg setup. Didn't hear back from you on that. I found the add a regulator for $31.45 that will change the base reg to a dual pressure setup, but is there a "kit" for disconnects, clamps, hoses, party tap, etc. to add the 2nd keg to the mix? Didn't see one.

we don't have anything like that on the website, definitely something to call Ben (512-749-8101) or Todd (512-805-3300) about.

cheers,

joshua

Hey thank you guys alot for the great sale and all your hard work dealing with us finicky homebrewers. I already can't wait for next year.

I think I know the answer, but can I put one of these: A Reconditioned Lid for All Standard Kegs on a converted (former pin lock) ball lock or pin lock keg to get the pressure release?

Yes you can. The converted kegs that ship out without the pressure release on the lid come with a "depressor" that fits on the gas post to release pressure that way too but i understand wanting to be able to just pull the release valve on the lid... much more convenient.

cheers,

joshua

I didn't know there was a limit on the standard ball lock kegs. I ordered one b-grade, but two standard kegs. I got a call from Todd this morning and he got my order sorted out. He said they have 11 people in packing up orders and getting them ready to go. I've used these guys for most of my kegging equipment in the past, and will continue to in the future. Top notch customer service.

Back