Beer 3 months in primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer_master

Reaction score
Now i find out i have 30L demijohn full of beer lefted in primary for 3+ months. lawl .

Any suggestions,should i bother with bottling it or make vinegar out of it ? ;)

I've gone 3 months in primary and the beer was fantastic. If you had a problem you will probably know as soon as you open the top. If you start puking because of the smell, you have a problem. My guess is that when you open it, you will have tasty beer and wonder why you don't leave all your beers that long.

The answer to this question is always, "Does it taste okay?" If it does, bottle away. It will be even better when carbonated.

will there be enough yeast suspended in a beer thats sat in primary for 3 months in order to bottle with just priming sugar? Or do you need to repitch yeast?

I've gone 3 months in primary and the beer was fantastic. If you had a problem you will probably know as soon as you open the top. If you start puking because of the smell, you have a problem. My guess is that when you open it, you will have tasty beer and wonder why you don't leave all your beers that long.
I know why I don't leave my beer that long...no patience... One to two months is the longest I can stand with what I know is good beer just sitting there. :mug:

Back