Hey OLDBREW I wrote this just for you....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I question your knowledge of your precious metals, will you send me some gold ingots?

:ban:

As I responded in the original thread, thanks for taking the time to write that - its very informative.

You wrote this for me?
I knew all this and was the one to tell you!

Some indexed "fully modifield malts" by the way can still run through a protein rest without becoming to thin or watery as you describe it.

Briess has malts that are designed for "single infusion only" and are like the euro "turbo malts" If you tried a protein rest with these type of malts then you would have problems.

AB goes through the protein rest temps every batch. They dough in at a lower temp and very slowly come up to the saac rests.

Buzzards Bay brewery does the same type of mash procedure dough in at 122* and very slowly bring the temp through the ranges up to saac rest, then on to mashout before the sparge. It builds complexity to their worts

You wrote this for me?
I knew all this and was the one to tell you!

Some indexed "fully modifield malts" by the way can still run through a protein rest without becoming to thin or watery as you describe it.

Briess has malts that are designed for "single infusion only" and are like the euro "turbo malts" If you tried a protein rest with these type of malts then you would have problems.

AB goes through the protein rest temps every batch. They dough in at a lower temp and very slowly come up to the saac rests.

Buzzards Bay brewery does the same type of mash procedure dough in at 122* and very slowly bring the temp through the ranges up to saac rest, then on to mashout before the sparge. It builds complexity to their worts

I don't think so.........If you recall, all you did is call me stupid and accuse me of not understanding about Malt Modification. You didn't explain anything about Malt Modification, but you wouldn't have had to as I understand it very well. I can post the URL of the original thread to refresh your memory if you wish. I hope you will excuse me if I take the word of an accomplished and published brewing expert like John Palmer over your spoutings. After all, you have nothing to back up your claims.

Back