looking for used kegs for keggles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzardman

Reaction score
is there anyone in the san diego area that has any tips on where to get some kegs? or maybe someone in the area willing to sell me a used keg or already converted keggle? having a hard time finding anything.

Scrap metal stores, recycling centers. A lesser man than me might even suggest that you go buy a keg, pay the deposit and keep the keg. I would never suggest that though.

I always suggest heading over to a local brewery and simply ask for a used keg. Odds are they will sell you an old keg and appreciate the fact you asked.
It also helps if you buy some of their beer, chat up a brewer and explain what you are doing.

The issue I've found is that by the time you retrofit the kettle the way you want you probably can buy a nice 15gal kettle from one of the LHB stores.

Adventures in home brewing, located in MI has converted kegs, with multiple welds available. Their kegs that have been secured "legally".

I simply walked into a liquor store and asked if I could buy a couple empty kegs. A call to the manager and I was in business. I kept the receipt just in case....

is there anyone in the san diego area that has any tips on where to get some kegs? or maybe someone in the area willing to sell me a used keg or already converted keggle? having a hard time finding anything.

I got some
Contact me

5- 15 gallon ones
And
2- 5 gallon ones

Back