What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've been willpowering yourself through that keg for a few months now. How much do you have left?
Also heard good things about 6th day. Saw It in the shop but didn't have it on my radar that day. What, and how is it?

this is a different Pils. all bottled. I barely scratched the surface. hahaha!!

6th Day is a "Festive Brown". 8.3% ABV. I think it's gonna be a lot better aged for a year or so. I'd pick up a 6er & let it age for next Christmas.

ForumRunner_20131207_090524.png

mcbaumannerb said:
Nothing at the moment ... but in fifteen I'll be working my way down this aisle ...

What's the fest? I'm doing family stuff in Nashville. Beer is a ways off yet today and I'm not terribly impressed with the options here so far.

TNGabe said:
What's the fest? I'm doing family stuff in Nashville. Beer is a ways off yet today and I'm not terribly impressed with the options here so far.

Valley Forge ... Mostly local stuff and the big beer distributors offerings. A couple good breweries tho.

Just finished up some tea. My night last night got my bug way worse and my kids think my Barry White impression today is hilarious thanks to the messed up voice today. Worth it though because poured for a tasting at a local bar/restaurant having a few samples myself of Firestone Walker DBA, Doulble Jack which I have always loved, and Velvet Merlin. Also had New Belgiums seasonal white IPA which was decent, Funkwerks Saison which I thought was meh, and Bells Isolation Ale which is pretty tasty. Then the brewery crew took me out to a cigar bar for my late b-day celebration where I enjoyed a Nub Connecticut with a Green Flash Green Bullet, some Woodchuck smoked cider which was surprisingly really really good, and a Prairie Standard which was retarded good. Their house yeast is amazing stuff. Will probably stick to water and tea for the next week to kill this bug now though.

mcbaumannerb said:
Coffee ... then a big breakfast followed by a dog show, beer festival, nap and then bar hopping. And yes, in that order!

Bar hopping isn't first?
You should be ashamed...

Drinking a nut cracker ale after learning how to make Peanut butter balls at my grandmas, making chicken alfredo now and also making more peanut butter balls :D

2013-12-07 12.26.15.jpg

Having TNGabe black Berliner wiess

Slight tartness. Of course light and nice fruit flavor. The nose slight funk and fruit nose. The fruit bring a weird flavor but the tartness cuts it. I like it. Is it a sour mash?

ForumRunner_20131207_133353.jpg

What's that smell. " oh that's fried p*ssycat

Flight in Top Hops, lower east side NY.

ForumRunner_20131207_144601.png

Mad Elf holiday ale, maple oat ale by peak organic, saranac tramony reserve saison and a spider bite Boris the spider imperial stout.

Just been to brunch at Essex so got a bit of a buzz on :)

Billy-Klubb said:
that's the way we roll, yo.

I was right about the weather tonight. it's gonna get Surly tonight on the Boulevard.

You sir are in for a swift punch to the kidneys. ;)

Another flight - bartender's recommendation

ForumRunner_20131207_152454.png

21st amendment bitter American, goose island night stalker, mad Elf (again) and a founders boyl 'rmayk'r barrel aged English ale. It doesn't remind me of any English beer i've had but it's still nice...

DisturbdChemist said:
Or to the jelly beans

Yes those too.
Have you ever had Abrasive or Coffee Bender?
They are definitely jelly bean punching worthy. :D

Back