Central Illinois - Need a homebrew club!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same problem having to limit my drinking at club meetings. OBC is 90 minutes and HoV is closer to two hours. I do my sampling early and keep the samples small. Other than my house, there isn't anywhere I can drink that doesn't involve driving.

I'm from Decatur!

I know Springfield has a homebrewer's club - I make occasional trips to Friar Tuck for beer and stuff and there's a flyer posted on their yeast refrigerator. Can't remember what it's called though.

Maybe we should just start it - my best friend brews too but isn't on HBT.

At the very least, even if we only find a few other Decaturians, I'd be down to swap out some homebrew (once my pipeline has a bit more going through it, that is).

I'd love to sample stuff from other homebrewers, and being in Decatur would mean we could avoid shipping it.

Springfield is only 30 minutes from Decatur. I'm a member of Springfield's Home Brew Club. We're the Prairie Schooners.

http://prairie-schooners.ning.com

We have club meetings on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at Norb Andy's. It's a bar on Capitol Avenue between 5th & 6th Street. Just take I-72 to Springfield, come straight into town (the highway turns into Clear Lake Ave). Eventually the road will follow an "S" curve and become Jefferson Street. Turn left on 5th Street, and left again on Capitol.

You guys suck.

Every one of you guys are way to far from Canton. But hell, if I'm gonna be drinking homebrews I consider Peoria too far to drive :)

I'm from Decatur!

I know Springfield has a homebrewer's club - I make occasional trips to Friar Tuck for beer and stuff and there's a flyer posted on their yeast refrigerator. Can't remember what it's called though.

Yes! - How many people does it take to make a club? I'm guessing two!!

Springfield is only 30 minutes from Decatur. I'm a member of Springfield's Home Brew Club. We're the Prairie Schooners.

http://prairie-schooners.ning.com

We have club meetings on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at Norb Andy's. It's a bar on Capitol Avenue between 5th & 6th Street. Just take I-72 to Springfield, come straight into town (the highway turns into Clear Lake Ave). Eventually the road will follow an "S" curve and become Jefferson Street. Turn left on 5th Street, and left again on Capitol.

I may have to take you up on this offer!

I'm from Decatur!

Lets do it, PM me sometime....:mug:

Back