• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

20 Gallon 2-Tier Brewery in So Cal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Welp, I've decided to sell my exisiting brewery to raise some capital for future projects. So, for sale is a stainless steel 20 Gallon brewery, complete. Located in Orange County CA

Stainless steel 2-tier stand with 3 6" Nat Gas jet burners and wheelbarrow casters
1 30 Gallon Blichmann Boilermaker mash tun with Blichmann false bottom
2 26 Gallon B3 Heavy Duty Kettles with thermowells and site glasses on both
1 Double coil 100' 1/2" copper immersion chiller
1 copper whirlpool return
1 March pump
3 Hoses with brass quick disconnects and clampless fittings.

This is a little older photo that does not show the site glasses or the heat shield under the boil kettle. Also not shown is the March pump.

$2,400

MyBrewery.jpg

super_chiller_1~0.jpg

Holy cow- I sure wish you were about 2000 miles closer. That looks like exactly what I'm thinking of. Good luck with the sale- I know you'll find someone like me who would be thrilled with that.

Is there any way to change the burners from natural gas to propane? How high does it stand with the top pot on?

Thanks

You would have to change the burners which isn't that big of a project. It's something I could help with for the buyer.

The dimensions are 48" long (not including the casters), 22" deep and 6' 2" tall to the top of the handle on the Blichmann Boilermaker with the lid on.

I'm sure you could change the jets as mentioned, but I wouldn't know where to get them, nor do I know what size threads or anything they are. Most of the gas system is 1/2" black pipe. There are two pipe brackets welded to the frame.

A lot of houses have NG, and you can run a line off the main house line.

VERY nice setup BTW. Why did you decide to let it go? Got other brewing equip or are you getting out of the game?

A lot of houses have NG, and you can run a line off the main house line.

VERY nice setup BTW. Why did you decide to let it go? Got other brewing equip or are you getting out of the game?

Yeah, with NG it's designed to be plumbed into your house gas supply. The nice part is if you run out of gas: you have much bigger problems!

As a lot of you know I own BrewersHardware.com I have some new projects in the works and I need to raise capital for them so I can make them happen more quickly. So far all the growth has been on the back of existing sales, but this is going to take a lot more than that.

The only part I'm really attached to is that Blichmann 30G Boilermaker and its' false bottom. That alone will cost about $650 when I eventually replace it. <sigh>

OOppps.

A friend of mine pointed out that I didn't make any mention of the fact that this system has a Ranco controlled digital hot liquor tank with a direct spark ignition. :eek:

I guess when you're around something long enough you take somethings for granted :drunk:

What are the dimensions of the copper you used for the chiller? 50' of 1/2" copper?

It's a dual path chiller with 2 50' X 1/2" coils. The inlet and outlet are rigid pipe that spilt and then regroup. It actually works really well. I can chill 20 gallons of boiling wort to 68* in about 18 minutes. That's switching to ice water at ~ 110*. It also has fittings on the in/out that'll accept 1/4" diameter temperature probes or thermometers so you can see the in/out temps.

Back